Fail to add Xfinity-TVE

You have Never even setup your DVR did not know that good luck .. I always setup my tuners first.

I've been running both HDHR Prime and TVE on two NAS's until this started happening.
Lost TVE on both of them due to Xfinity reset pword issues and can't get them back.
If I only used Channels for TVE I would be upset, but I don't care as I still have my HDHR Prime working.

Yup. That the email I got too. Havn't gotten it since then though.
And all accounts, including the owners account and sub accounts, got that email.

U should get them back, after waiting 2 days with out trying.
That is what has worked so far for several users.
U can try after a lower amount has time has passed, but u may end up simply extending your wait time.

Wait and try. Report back.
If it works, then fine.
If not, then u have some other issue.

This is the suggested solution(for now), it is your choice to listen and follow what other users are suggestion to you.

If I can't login to nbc/live I'm not even going to take the chance.
I'm pretty sure Channels DVR is what caused me to get the reset account notices from Xfinity.
Like I said. I don't rely on TVE, so I can wait it out until I see a response from the devs and others.

already been one...

also, after more users report issue:

I can only assume they have not found anything on their end.

Plenty of those already, in this thread, and the 2 others.

Checked this morning and I was able to login to NBC.
Staying logged in there I added Xfinity-TVE to Channels and it worked.
I then logged out of NBC.

1 Like

I also cannot auth to TVe on Xfinity

I can sign in to Xfinity directly but get the chrome auth timeout when doing it through channels.

I also was greeted with the password reset when I logged in directly.

This should be fixed in v2020.08.19.2205

1 Like

I also got the "reset your password" from Comcast AGAIN (for a second time in 2 weeks) today. I did and once again, I'm back down to 64 TVE channels from about 14X TVE channels.

TVE64channels

And here's the specific list of those 64 since that seemed to matter to some before...

So, having already been through this once (and shared above), I tried the SAME process again.

First, I check the Xfinity mobile app on my iPad and- just like before- instead of showing ALL of the channels that are usually there- it was only showing the same very short group as before...

That is what would display when choosing Live TV, ALL channels in the app with NO filters. Normally, there would be well over 150 channels in this app.

So, I did the same thing I did last time: started a chat with xfinity, requested "live help", told them the problem WITH THEIR MOBILE APP (not even trying to mention TVE or the Channels app, so they would see this as THEIR problem and not try to blame Channels or be confused about what TVE is). They put me on hold a couple of times to reset something on their end… then refreshed my own modem and account once. Asked me to log out and log back in. There was a couple rounds of “Now check”… “no still the same”… “Now check”… “no still the same”… “Now check.” Unlike last time, this has to be “escalated.” So I had to exit the chat this time and wait for the escalation people to get back to me (wondering if they would). They did maybe 2 hours later.

Maybe 1 hour later, I checked anew and the full list of channels reappeared in the Xfinity mobile app as normal, I fired up Channels in Safari on my Mac. Did a fresh scan of TVE channels (without waiting 48 hours, etc, setting up a new Comcast user ID, etc)… and all of the missing TVE channels came back…

TVE146channels

This makes me believe that once they make you change your password, they have to reset something on their end. Whatever that is doesn't seem to take effect for upwards of a few hours. When they do whatever they are doing and you can see your cable channels in their mobile app guide, TVE can be rescanned in Channels and the missing channels come back. This has worked for me TWICE now, through 2 Comcast-forced “change your password” cycles. This second time, I didn’t even bother to wait any hours at all, try a new user ID, etc).

Same day of losing them after password change, I have them back and they play. While it's no joy working with Comcast customer service, if you really want the TVE channels back ASAP, this may be a good option to try.

1 Like

Just to confirm, the update worked. I was having same issues as listed by many on this thread. After waiting for 24 hours, I tried yesterday at this time and got the AUTH TIME OUT error again.

I just downloaded the most recent update, and it is now working. (Less than 24 hours from my last attempt).

Thanks for the update!

Did you use your email address or username?

Did not do A or B just waited since password was still good.

I tried again today and it worked.

Not sure what changed

I always used my email address before (always worked for the channels I watched).

This time, however, I used user name since I read that was what should be entered.

I am having this issue now as well. Every time I try to add xfinity comcast forces me to do a password reset. I am running version 2020.08.21.1831 on the docker container. I am able to manually log into every tv anywhere website I have tried as well as the xfinity stream app and see all channels without issue.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

There are multiple threads on Comcast but I will share what worked for me: 1.) Create new users for streaming (as opposed to using a single account). 2.) Disable Auto Authentication. So far, this has worked perfectly for me to the point of running two Channels servers in the same household using different user profiles (all pointing back to the same main account).

Which docker container are you using?

fancybits/channels-dvr:nvidia

Thanks, I am using a sub user currently, I will try creating a new one and see if that helps out. I do also have auto authentication disabled.