Feature Request Poll

It’s Aug 11.

Are you satisfied with current display and won’t be resetting?
Then, where is your vote :smiling_imp:

IMO, I’d just leave as is for now...going to be too hard to get all voters back again.

Hope you took a screenshot of latest with all voters listed.

Just checking and POOF it was gone :anguished:

Went ahead and added more options, I believe this should cover most of the popular request. It was only up for a few days before and received votes from nearly 50 individuals, hopefully they will re-cast their votes and it will continue to be used as planned.

1 Like

I did like the Chromecast option you added

Hope so, too....as I really like this format. :crossed_fingers:

Suggest that you Add “FINAL” to your Post Title
This reply (or an Edit) on any post is subject to:

I guess this is not a Feature Request but I would like more TV Channels. Mainly OTA CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX. I believe this would give the greatest ROI for the developers.

Do you mean through TVE?

Yes. Strange. While typing that I thought I put TVE but obviously I did not.

Didn't @DebbieFL already do a separate poll for that?

Not sure. But thought she was combining things here.

Yeah, I guess this is more of a general poll even though it's under the DVR category

Clarity:

08/01 - DebbieFL - YES/NO Opinion Poll for TVE Locals
Tmm1 - responded Channels wasn’t able to add, only broadcasters could make TVE available

08/08 - jmcguire525 - Started Features Poll for multi requests (Preliminary)
08/12 - jmcguire525 - Issued FINAL Features Poll (locked, no further changes)

I sent a few users reminders to vote on FINAL, as I remembered that they had voted on Prel but not Final.

:innocent:

Great work putting these together in a poll!
I voted for both play current channel and overlay in guide because they are basically the same thing and I don’t care how it is done, I really just want audio to continue playing and be able to hit menu to go back to live. Oh and this should also work when watching something off DVR. Sometimes I am watching something and I think of a show I want to record and it would be nice to go into the guide to find it and schedule.

The “now” option is needed because you can scroll in the future weeks to find programs to record and get entirely lost in the guide. It would also be nice if there was a way to quickly get to the top menu when down 100 channels deep in the guide. I think the “now” option should cover all of these use cases.

Oh and one more (don’t edit the poll) we need is the skip commercials button at the end of a show needs to be fixed.

1 Like

That sounds more like a bug.

Be sure to report as a “Bug” on new thread, if required.

Nice analysis of those options, thanks

Now that we get 100's of channels thanks to TVE, Its time to add Swipe Left or Right to change the channels in featured requests.

I would add this if it wouldn't reset the voting, but I personally believe that more channels actually hinders the effectiveness of swiping to change channels. IMO a guide overlay would be more beneficial (as of today you can use the mini guide to check what is on as well).

The original thread also only has 4 votes, which would put it at the bottom of the current poll. That being said, the main reason I created this poll was because I felt the default voting mechanism is underutilized, so there very well could be more people who would vote... which goes back to the issue of poll additions resetting the votes :pensive:

1 Like

My last comment on this, promise: Polls were clearly not meant to be used this way, but the Feature Requests forum is meant to be used exactly how you wish. Why not encourage people to properly create individual posts in the Feature Requests forum, and more importantly, encourage people to vote on those posts.

As this method appears to working, whereas voting proved to be ineffective...I appreciate the opportunity offered.

Of course, on principle you might be correct, but who would be the “encourager”? No one so far...:grinning: