Feature Request Poll

Yeah, I guess this is more of a general poll even though it's under the DVR category

Clarity:

08/01 - DebbieFL - YES/NO Opinion Poll for TVE Locals
Tmm1 - responded Channels wasn’t able to add, only broadcasters could make TVE available

08/08 - jmcguire525 - Started Features Poll for multi requests (Preliminary)
08/12 - jmcguire525 - Issued FINAL Features Poll (locked, no further changes)

I sent a few users reminders to vote on FINAL, as I remembered that they had voted on Prel but not Final.

:innocent:

Great work putting these together in a poll!
I voted for both play current channel and overlay in guide because they are basically the same thing and I don’t care how it is done, I really just want audio to continue playing and be able to hit menu to go back to live. Oh and this should also work when watching something off DVR. Sometimes I am watching something and I think of a show I want to record and it would be nice to go into the guide to find it and schedule.

The “now” option is needed because you can scroll in the future weeks to find programs to record and get entirely lost in the guide. It would also be nice if there was a way to quickly get to the top menu when down 100 channels deep in the guide. I think the “now” option should cover all of these use cases.

Oh and one more (don’t edit the poll) we need is the skip commercials button at the end of a show needs to be fixed.

1 Like

That sounds more like a bug.

Be sure to report as a “Bug” on new thread, if required.

Nice analysis of those options, thanks

Now that we get 100's of channels thanks to TVE, Its time to add Swipe Left or Right to change the channels in featured requests.

I would add this if it wouldn't reset the voting, but I personally believe that more channels actually hinders the effectiveness of swiping to change channels. IMO a guide overlay would be more beneficial (as of today you can use the mini guide to check what is on as well).

The original thread also only has 4 votes, which would put it at the bottom of the current poll. That being said, the main reason I created this poll was because I felt the default voting mechanism is underutilized, so there very well could be more people who would vote... which goes back to the issue of poll additions resetting the votes :pensive:

1 Like

My last comment on this, promise: Polls were clearly not meant to be used this way, but the Feature Requests forum is meant to be used exactly how you wish. Why not encourage people to properly create individual posts in the Feature Requests forum, and more importantly, encourage people to vote on those posts.

As this method appears to working, whereas voting proved to be ineffective...I appreciate the opportunity offered.

Of course, on principle you might be correct, but who would be the “encourager”? No one so far...:grinning:

Chromecast integration...IIRC, Channels did have working at one time.

Perhaps it is simply a regression, that @tmm1 could fix easily?

AFAIK chromecast only works when watching recordings, even then it seems to only be an option in the web ui.

Using Safari for web browser...Chromecast not showing at all. I’ll try on Chrome browser. Thanks.

While this my not be the intended use for polling, it certainly seems to be working, and I wouldn't have created it if I thought the current method of voting on threads was being used by a majority of the people on this forum (which skews the data).

For example, you previously mentioned the thread for adding a "now" button to the guide with 13 votes, in just a few days that feature already has more votes on this poll than a thread started in Nov of last year.

Is this a better way of determining the most requested features? Maybe, it sure seems to be driving user responses in a short amount of time. Could I have "encouraged" proper voting and achieved the same results? I personally doubt it.

1 Like

Tried on Chrome (iPad) still no joy. Tomorrow I’ll try on Win10/Android/Mac.

Sorry if this is already a thing, but is it possible to lock recorded programs with a pin code? I wouldn’t want different user/child accounts, but the ability to edit recorded DVR program data (name, lock with pin etc) would be handy. Obviously not to be added now the poll has been locked down but just curious.

There is a "keep forever" option in the web ui, I haven't used this myself so I'm not sure in what situations it stops deletions (may only be the auto delete function).

Keep Forever will exclude the recording from auto deletion.

The option is coming soon for the clients.

1 Like

Sorry I should have been a bit clearer, I meant to stop the kids from watching stuff that’s not age appropriate rather than preventing it from being deleted.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to vote, even after the votes resetting we now have nearly 100 voters and over 300 votes cast in less than a week.

For anyone who hasn't done so, please cast your votes, and if anyone would like to change their votes you can easily do so by clicking "hide results".

2 Likes

I would vote, but not sure, because..
Is this an official (dev approved) poll?
Where is my most wanted feature (not in the checklist)?
Isn't this duplicating Feature Requests?
If I vote now will it skew results as I'm not really voting for what I want, only a forced selection.

1 Like