Feature Request Poll

Sorry I should have been a bit clearer, I meant to stop the kids from watching stuff that’s not age appropriate rather than preventing it from being deleted.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to vote, even after the votes resetting we now have nearly 100 voters and over 300 votes cast in less than a week.

For anyone who hasn't done so, please cast your votes, and if anyone would like to change their votes you can easily do so by clicking "hide results".

2 Likes

I would vote, but not sure, because..
Is this an official (dev approved) poll?
Where is my most wanted feature (not in the checklist)?
Isn't this duplicating Feature Requests?
If I vote now will it skew results as I'm not really voting for what I want, only a forced selection.

1 Like
  • Not official, whether the devs approve of it or not I'm not sure... @tmm1 @maddox?
  • I added many of the top existing request and allowed a few days for user submissions, unfortunately I cannot add any more options without resetting the voting. You are welcome to comment your request and to make a new thread if one does not exist.
  • Yes, most of the top request are included (duplicated) in the poll, the goal being to generate user responses which the current threads were lacking (indicated by this poll receiving more votes on average than their individual threads)
  • IMO voting now doesn't skew the results, you can vote on multiple items. It would actually skew the results more for me to add an item after nearly 100 people have voted (unless they all went back and recast their votes).
1 Like

Sorry to ask, but it would save me time from checking your all your great posts (lots. :grinning:, but very helpful to community inc. me) just to satisfy my curiosity.

What IS your most wanted feature?

TIA

I like the idea of one place to go for feature requests, and the option to vote.

One request for the future would be to allow the guide to loop back to the beginning when you reach the end of the scroll.

2 Likes

Having an option to specify a number of rows to display in the guide (having the row sizes & font used adjust accordingly) would be ideal here.

Personally, I would opt for more rows of a smaller size, but I can see how this is definitely an issue where "one size does not fit all".

1 Like

Just sorry, can’t “Vote” again...mine was the original +Vote :grinning:

I certainly would have added that, however, I can see where this request interferes with the planned feature of "on later" being added to clients.

Does the "on later" section of the Web UI meet your needs or is your request dependent on the feature be narrowed to an individual Channel rather than a general overview?

1 Like

No

Bingo!

This is odd to me. I don’t think like “what is on NBC” but more what drama or comedy is on tonight.

I guess no one wants quick-mode playback?

I would love to have slow-motion playback for sports (which would go along with quick playback) but with the apple remote I'm not sure there is a way to add that that where it is easy to enable and also not constantly enabled by accident.

The touch pad is great for some things but also makes it difficult to add multiple types of navigation.

I don't either.
I'm trying to discover specials/shows/episodes thay may or may not be new, mostly on my favorited cable channels which don't include NBC.

The poll is interesting and certainly shows user preferences although has there been any comments or feedback from developers if this has any impact on future plans? While some of the requests certainly seem like low hanging fruit, others may be wishful thinking so not really sure the value of this thread on development direction.

Don’t forget the “old folks” who do want NBC, ABC, etc. You can try to convince otherwise but refuse to budge.

Channels is for “many” and some users here are trying to include their 3 gen whole family.

1 Like

Well, I wouldn’t expect much dev chatter at this point if it’s only generating maybe 2% or less of the users voting on any given feature. It’s Just barely hitting the vocal minority, and they already have new features and changes that are occupying their coding time.

I’m Sure the requests are of interest to them, or they wouldn’t have put in the category.

Maybe this poll needs pinned to give others a chance to discover it?

1 Like

How is chromecast integration not in the top 3?

Probably because this started as an Apple-only solution. I don’t have a lick of android in my house.

3 Likes