FireTV/Android Picture-in-Picture

The only catch with the Picture in Picture in the beta is if you back out of the app from watching something with the back button, the video continues over the firestick Home Screen, but if you find something else to watch on a different app it goes off.
So have to remember to close the app watching a channel full screen with the Home button.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! The reason I asked what specific version it is, is because there is a new beta with a different color scheme that I like, but I am not sure if it is new enough to have the most recent pip features. It is version 102.7.6 as I mentioned.

1 Like

102.7.6 is the beta I have installed too, it has the proper Picture in Picture features. I just want the proper version updated to this, the icon on the beta looks off compared the proper version, so it quickly gets uninstalled and reinstalled when I want to mess about. Avoids anyone else using the TV getting confused and wondering why there’s two versions and one looks a little off.

1 Like

What version have you seen with a different colour scheme, I would like to see pictures if you have access to it.
Edit: I found the thread, looks really good, but for minimal issues with everyone else who uses the TV I’ll keep to official versions.

1 Like

I think there are two user generated beta color schemes. I have been using the carbon one.

1 Like

is there a way to get PIP to work with remote shortcuts / buttons on the ts4k? for example, it works if i press back while watching something, but if i press guide or dvr it exits the video...would be nice to have it work for those too. would make it pretty much just like a regular cable box...

also, just found a small bug...

was watching a recording, at end of recording pressed back and ended up at the recording screen with PIP up at the bottom. deleted recording. back to guide, picked something to watch from the guide...now press down to look at the mini guide, and it shows me the episode info for the recording i was just watching. i'd expect to see the mini guide there, since i'm now watching something i picked from the guide...

Updated to the new beta, the main issue I’m finding now is backing out of a video take you to the fire tv Home Screen, not the guide, it doesn’t always happen, I think it depends how far you have backed out of a video to the Home Screen, the first time round.

The Developers have made me a very happy channels surfer tonight. I just updated to the latest update tonight and I am very pleased with the pip. I even like that the pip stays up when I goto the home screen. Please Please keep this function like its is. Don't break it with updates. LOL.

In pip mode, If you press and hold the home button if will pop up options for pip.

4 Likes

Is the home button pip implementation new on Android? Thanks for the heads up. I thought it only worked on Apple TV.

The options pop up only if your already in the pip mode. Allowing you to go to full screen or close pip or pause playback. If not in pip mode, the home button will take you to prime home or if you press and hold it brings up the device settings.

Notice: I have a Fire TV Cube and the pip lands in the perfect position, upper right corner. I have Fire TV Stick 4 K, the pip lands in the lower right position, block some of the grid from view. Can the new pip feature be consistent on all all Fire TV platforms to land in the upper right position or be selectable where the pip feature is enabled.

2 Likes

From reading the posts here, the pip placement is already an option using an Apple TV. Hopefully they can add it to Android/Fire TV.

1 Like

I'm using TS4K and the PIP is on the bottom right. Can it be moved to top right?

I asked about week and a half ago and no replies. I have Cube that display top right perfect but my Fire TV 4 K lands on the bottom right blocking some of the guide. Like it moved or give us the option for location.

The position is up to the OS, and not the app.

1 Like

Yes, the devs didn't implement a new feature. They programed a trigger to an already existing feature built into the OS you're using. So however it's displayed is up to whatever device you are using.

To reprogram the Netflix key on the Nvidia Shield to PIP on/off what do I want to program the key to output in Button Mapper?

Channels 3.1.1 is live on fire stick, so should be able to set picture in the playback menu to open when you back out of watching something.