Firetv does not see the DVR

I have Channels DVR and the Channels App Beta (38) on Amazon FireTV. The Channels App does not recognize that I have the Channels DVR so it does not show the options for dvr on the app.

My brother CrazieBird has a similar setup as me (he recommended your DVR service) and his app does recognize that he has Channels DVR running on a pc in his home network.

Where is your DVR running? What does it say under the Bonjour checkbox on the DVR web ui?

Been trying to help out my sister with her app not recognizing the Channels DVR. Mine does show the DVR

The Chennels DVR is running a Dell windows 10 pc that hooked up directly the router. It has been recording shows as expected.

Sounds like a firewall issue on the windows pc. Try connecting to it from a phone or tablet via http://192.168.1.8

Not sure I understand what you mean. Do you want me to just type that into the address bar? If so I typed that into the address bar on the Dell (pc running the dvr) and came back with “This site can’t be reached”. My brother did the same thing with his setup (using his address naturally) and it also came back with site unreachable so not sure I understand what you wanted me to try.

Sorry that should have been http://192.168.1.8:8089

You need to disable the firewall on your PC. To test whether the firewall is disabled, you can type that url into another computer, phone or tablet on your Wi-Fi to see if it can connect to your PC or not. Until the firewall is disabled it won’t work.

With my brother’s help I noticed that the address that Bonjour has is not the Dell it is another pc. I installed the software on the Dell only so i do not know what happened. My brother checked his and his Bonjour address is the machine that is running his DVR. Is the what is causing my issues, and if so how can I fix that?

If i change the address to 192.168.1.7:8089 then it will connect. How can I get the Bojour to update with the correct address for my pc (hopefully without losing all my settings)?

Uncheck and recheck the bonjour checkbox

That did update the Bonjour address. My brother and I thank you for the quick response and all the help. It is working now with an uninstall and reinstall of the app.