Fix Mark as not recorded for any reason, Corrupted, Delayed, Interrupted, wrong airing(EPG bad), etc

If it's airing again in the 16 day guide, we have to find it there to mark it.
If it's not airing again in the 16 day guide, we have to use the curl method.
If it's a Pluto recording, we always have to use the curl method.

Please add Mark as not recorded to the DVR > Manage recordings and Library where it really belongs and is most useful.
The info needed (programID) is already there in the recording metadata (/dvr/files).

6 Likes

100% agree. This would be much appreciated!

2 Likes

+1

2 Likes

Yes, way too difficult to find where it is.

2 Likes

Bump.
If I phrased this as a troubleshooting issue, it probably would have been fixed already.
NO response yet.
Is this acknowledged and on the roadmap?
I've had to use the curl method about 20 times since I posted this.
Can I do the curl method? Yes
Is it annoying? Yes

2 Likes

+1

Bump.
This is getting very annoying with the Pilot episodes and Series Marathons I've been recording.
An episode or two in a series marathon gets interrupted (chunks missing) and may not re-air for months.

1 Like

There is a different plan for how to handle interruptions and re-recording.

The way I work around this is any series I want to keep everything I setup as re-record deleted,,, Of course I have to check the Calendar view daily to see if anything is interrupted or scroll through recordings on my client ... any interrupted I simply delete ... and remove from trash immediately.

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to the fix.

@Edwin_Perez I use a daily "curl -XPUT http://host:8089/dvr/pruner/corrupted" from my task scheduler. Note it doesn't empty the trash. Does a great job if you are comfortable with the automation.

I am comfortable with automation, but I do not always want to delete corrupted or interrupted or delayed. Many shows I watch and delete, and they might be interrupted for a second or so ... in cases like this I watch then delete.

BTW I have never had a corrupted recording did not even know there was such a warning.... but thanks, wish that could be done for certain series.

Yeah I think corrupted is just a different word for interrupted. The pruner commands I know of are corrupted, deleted and delayed. I have never seen a corrupted warning either.

1 Like