Fox @ 4k HDR

@tmm1 Thanks for implementing the 4k feature for FOX TVE.

Question: In theory, if I start a recording on time for a program that should be in 4k and the 4k feed doesn't start on time, will Channels DVR automatically switch to the 4k feed when it starts?

No it doesn't switch, just like FS1 didn't switch. But it should allow up to 10min padding now.

I'm just guessing how it will behave, we have to see what happens tomorrow.

OK, then I set manual 5 minute recordings on two TVE servers to check.
One server starts on time and the other 5 minutes later.

Thank you and GO BIRDS!

Comcast X1 will also broadcast the Superbowl in 4K with Dolby Vision.

Everything on Fox is broadcasting in HDR including PreGame.

On an ATV?

Fox Sports APP ... Tried TVE not in 4K.

No Skip in 4k in Tampa:(

Have 4K in Portland for undisputed using Fox Sports.

Here in DC, the TVE Fox channel isn't working at all. I keeps retrying. Then it goes back to OTA.

2 Likes

It isn't working correctly on the Fox Now app on my Google TV device. Every other live sports have worked including HDR.
For TVE, 4K is checked but the stream is 1080/no hde.

1 Like

The Streams are going to be free for everbody ... so I expect Problems with TVE.

Did you check/uncheck the new 4K box?

Latest version with Fox 4k enabled for TVE. I get an error when tuning to Fox:

Could not start stream for TVE-YouTubeTV ch6002 WYDO: TVE: fox panel missing

Diagnostics submitted: f5512910-db3e-4f8d-b181-1308f68394f9 .

My picture on the app is very dark and no HDR. Definitely messed up. Sound is working Haha.

My problem its showing No tuner Found . I turned off the 4K selection and still not working

Can’t run fox at all. Seems if you go to the FoxSports site there are no Providers listed when you try to Sign in with TV Provider. Only some Super Bowl thing.

On the Fox Now app, they removed EVERYTHING, except the pre Super Bowl stuff. Skip and Shannon is too dark and not watchable. Sound does work.

1 Like

Does the app work correctly for anyone?