Fox @ 4k HDR

This is how I did it :

2 Likes

Appears from your screenshot that your source is this

What most (if not all) of us are discussing in this topic is using the Fox and Fox Sports TVE channels as the source.

My guess is eplustv handles the streams different than Channels DVR TVE.

1 Like

So sorry. Yes you are right. I was trying to be helpful. I just assumed everyone here was trying to pull it in through that Custom Channels option. Just curious: is there an advantage to getting it from the TVE or app directly instead (other than not dealing with Docker)?

1 Like

For me it's one less docker container or app to maintain since TVE is integrated into Channels DVR.
I was very surprised by my first TVE 4k/HDR recording at 18 mbps with Channels DVR that it was glitch free,

2 Likes

Last couple of FS1 4K broadcasts didn't trigger from TVE. Docker end worked. Did this regress in the meantime?

Channels DVR doesn't pick up the 4k stream until it starts.
If you start watching/recording on time, it will be 720p.

Assume you mean ESPN+ & FOX Sports with Custom Channels via EPlusTV

So with this in mind, if I use DTV Stream TVE (DTV Stream does not provide any 4k streams according to their documentation), will it still be in 4k in ChannelsDVR?

The stream comes from Fox Sports, see About TV Everywhere
If you get the FS1 TVE channel in Channels DVR and as explained in this topic there is a 4k broadcast, then yes.

1 Like

Yes

Hmm.
I scheduled a couple of curl based manual recordings on two different servers for this afternoon to check. I don't use the Fox Sports app, but according to https://support.fubo.tv/hc/en-us/articles/360011483011-What-events-in-4K-HDR-are-coming-up-on-fuboTV- this game is in 4k.

The game is 4K per the Fox Sports App.

Does it say what time the 4k feed starts?

1 Like

No just the start time of the coverage. I would think it about 6:08 - 6:09 but that’s a wild guess. I would expect tip off time.

Thanks, thought it showed a separate start time for the UHD feed

It does. But its possible that behavior only occurs with Fox network broadcasts

So now I'm wondering which one is correct? It show the UHD version starting a minute later than the HD version, or as jagrim said it just lists one version of the game.

By Fox network broadcasts, I mean broadcasts that are linked to your local affiliate which wouldn't include FS1.

Ahh, Thanks for that explanation.

Todays broadcast was totally fine :man_shrugging:

Of the 4 recordings, only the last three were HEVC/4k/HDR.
The first one (that started on time) was H.264 720p.

I give up trying to figure it out.
Best way to tell is watch live and look at Stats on the client device to see if it's 4k, then start recording.