Fox @ 4k HDR

If anyone has the Android TV fox sports app, can you check if there's surround sound coming from that app?

1 Like

Yup, my shiny new HLS proxy is breaking because of how FOX is handling their 4K streams. I'm going to have to change it

I tested it on my brand new A95k Bravia which is Google TV. It has HDR but no surround. I have tested on Google TV, Roku, Apple TV. I have yet to see 5.1 audio anywhere after 4 years of testing.

1 Like

Where did you see these claims?

From here. I have even placed a few support calls about it. Fox claims they do it. I don't know anyone who has actually seen it work. Fox's support is very bad regarding the issue.

https://help.fox.com/s/article/How-do-I-play-4K-with-5-1-audio

1 Like

New build, its working with 4K HDR for me:

3 Likes

New build works iOS remote original including HDR
Awesome

1 Like

Yup. Thanks me too. Its a shame about the audio.

LOL, this is so funny. The Fox apps can't even get HDR to work on the Apple TV.

1 Like

Playing on iOS works too!

Playing great on FireTV switched to HDR mode... this is awesome even though the audio sucks.

1 Like

Interesting it picks the 720 stream when you are remote transcoding to 4MB.
Can’t get it to play back from library
App crashed attempting library playback

Could be slow cell data

Deleted recording and started another. This one will play so must have been a bad recording that crashed it
cae30384-d592-4734-91e3-dee7080976b4

On Nvidia Shield client, public release app, there is a lot of lag with FS1 making it unwatchable. I've sent in logs from the app

2 Likes

Awesome! Hope you get local fox working!! Thanks for this.

3 Likes

I am now getting "Tuner Unreachable" attempting to tune in FS1 or FS2 after updating to today's build - any way to revert?

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 16-59-01 Channels Manage Recordings

Do you have app settings decode to hardware?

That fixed it! Appreciate the insight. I had it set to hybrid to fix issues with Virtual Channels in the past. This is incredible!

Works! Thank you!

1 Like