Free Channels without a provider

So I just canceled my Spectrum tv service. How do I get access to the free channels? I guess I can reinstall Spectrum as a provider, not sure if that login will work forever

This isn't possible at the moment. We're looking into breaking them out into their own source in the future though.

5 Likes

I was just going to post something about the free channels that don't have their own source. Good thing that the search works well and I found this thread.

Any progress? :slight_smile:

No movement on this but one workaround is to sign up for a free trial of one of the online services. You’ll be able to add it and the free channels will remain even if you cancel. I think you can even add one after the trial is over if needed.

2 Likes

Bump

Pro tip: They show up even with a completely FREE Sling TV account.

80 channels!

2 Likes

Yes, this 100% currently works. I would agree/advise users who do not have a paid TVE source to add Sling Free account.

however it would be nice if a user was not required to enter any provider and they could just add only those stations.

Actually I made a feature request for this a while back. You can vote on it and see if we can revive it there too. So far it has 18 votes (my most popular feature request, tied with a request for a Self Populating Streamlinks source.

1 Like

What other pro tips do you have? That was a good one!!