Frndly TV for Channels

Basically currently it'll try get the play token. If it fails, then it will login again. Then get the play token.

So a cron just to keep fetching a play url would be fine. It'll only re-login when required.

So for now, you could do this until I can look into further.

2 Likes

Do you know how long the token lifetime is?

not sure sorry, they don't return that info.
I'd do the cron just for every 5 mins.
Again - itll only renew when it needs to

1 Like

Good day Everyone,
I have subscribed to Frndly TV and now I 'm trying to add to Channels DVR using the Docker instructions. Everything looks good until I try to add as a Channels DVR source. The error is "invalid source url: Get "http://192.168.88.234:8183/playlist.m3u8?start_chno=50": context deadline exceeded (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)" I've tried with http://127.0.0.1:8183/playlist.m3u8 and the actual IP address http://192.168.88.234:8183/playlist.m3u8. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks....

Update: I am able to get the playlist URL "localhost:8080/playlist.m3u8" ( I changed the port # in Docker setup script) to work on the local machine using VLC. I think my issue is I just installed a new Mikrotik router and I'm sure there is something I have to do to make the Channels DVR server see my Docker container. Both are in the same network but live on different machines. I am learning very quickly that the Mikrotik router is not very idiot friendly.

I am sure someone better than me can help you out with the networking here. But may I suggest you also tell us a little more about the machine running your Docker and also a bit more about the machine running your ChannelsDVR. Like the operating systems. This also could boil down to a Firewall issue.

Yes, I believe it is a firewall issue as well. Channels DVR is running on an Nvidia Shield Pro and so is the channels app. I am running the Frndly TV docker container on a Windows PC using Docker Desktop

I've had a report some new channels have been added recently?

Can anyone provide the Gracenote IDs for these?

I was thinking of starting a 7 day frndlyTV trial.
Two questions for anyone using this to record from.

1. How many hours is the EPG
  2. Do we still need this workaround to get EPG for all of the channels Frndly TV for Channels - #133 by matthuisman

Do you know what the new channels are?
They list these 38 on their website

1. A&E
  2. BabyFirst
  3. BYUtv
  4. Circle
  5. CuriosityStream
  6. Decades
  7. Dove Channel
  8. FETV
  9. FMC
  10. FYI
  11. GAC Family
  12. GAC Living
  13. Gameshow
  14. getTV
  15. Hallmark Channel
  16. Hallmark Drama
  17. Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
  18. Hallmark Movies Now
  19. Heartland TV
  20. Heroes & Icons
  21. INSP
  22. Lifetime
  23. Lifetime Movie Network
  24. Local Now
  25. MeTV
  26. Military HISTORY
  27. Outdoor Channel
  28. Pixl
  29. QVC
  30. Recipe.TV
  31. Sportsman Channel
  32. Start TV
  33. StoryTV
  34. The HISTORY Channel
  35. The Weather Channel
  36. UPtv
  37. VICE TV
  38. World Fishing Network

I am getting 16 days.

I am getting 38. Your list looks good. They recently added Decades, H&I and Start TV. A couple of weeks before that they added MeTV and Story.

Decades 112941
Heroes & Icons 81349
Start TV 74916

3 Likes

Not too sure the Decades station id is correct.
frndlyTV website guide says 'The Lucy Show-Lucy and Winter Sports' is playing on Decades, which is correct, but station id 112941 says 'The Lucy Show-Lucy, the Starmaker' is playing.

frndlyTV website guide is incorrect saying 'Matt Houston' is playing on H&I, but it's actually 'Hawaii Five-O' like the station id 81349 says.

If anyone wants to try these I found other stationid's that seem to match what the frndlyTV website guide displays (assuming it's correct). No way to know what's correct until I record shows that differ between the stationid's.

I'm recording the following times to see what's correct as these new stationid airings match the frndlyTV website guide.

Decades stationid 122694 shows the same airing for 7pm ET/4pm PT today as the frndlyTV website "Love, American Style"

Heroes & Icons stationid 120460 shows the same airing for 6pm ET/3pm PT tomorrow as the frndlyTV website "Renegade"

Man, this gets complicated with frndlyTV online guide being wrong sometimes.

I verified that stationid 122694 should be used for DECADES.
The one being used now, 112941 is incorrect.
Guide for stationid 112941 listed "The Ed Sullivan Show" airing at 4PM PT, but what actually aired was "Love, American Style".
So for this channel, DECADES, the frndlyTV website guide and the guide for stationid 122694 are correct.

I verified that stationid 74916 should be used for StartTV.
The one matching the frndlyTV website guide, stationid 122695 is incorrect.
Guide for stationid 122695 and frndlyTV website guide listed "The Closer-S06E15-An Ugly Game" airing at 4PM PT, but what actually aired was "The Closer-S06E13-Living Proof: Part One".
So for this channel, StartTV, the frndlyTV website guide and the guide for stationid 122695 were wrong and stationid 74916 guide was correct.

Will be checking stationid's for Heroes & Icons tomorrow at 3PM PT to see which is correct, 81349 or 120460.

I verified that stationid 120460 should be used for Heroes & Icons.
The one being used now, 81349 is incorrect.
Guide for stationid 81349 listed "Black Sheep Squadron-S02E11-The Show Must Go On ... Sometimes" airing at 3PM PT, but what actually aired was "Renegade-S03E04-The King and I".
So for this channel, Heroes & Icons, the frndlyTV website guide and the guide for stationid 120460 are correct.

And talk about confusing. Just before Love, American Style aired it showed The Best of The Ed Sullivan Show was next, but then Love, American Style aired..

3 Likes

I'm running this docker container on my Terra-master NAS and it works PERFECTLY!
If anyone needs help setting it up on a Terra-master NAS hit me up! maybe I can help!

@matthuisman
Could you update the stationid's to Decades=122694, Heroes & Icons=120460.
The current stationid 74916 is correct for StartTV.

Thanks

1 Like

I signed up for the trial account an trying to use the non-docker version on Raspberry Pi 3 running debian stretch based raspbian.

python app.py --PORT 8183 --USERNAME "[email protected]" --PASSWORD "secret"

File "app.py", line 27
self.wfile.write(f'Error: {message}'.encode('utf8'))

Not sure where to go with that. This is why I usually avoid python, perl and the like. When it fails I have no idea what to do.

Try upgrading to python 3.

I did that for something else , believe me it was a big "PITA " and that is the very reason I HATE python . Its now at 3.8 .

These forums suck. Too much scrolling with page loads.

I got it to run now on a different machine with the same version of Python (i'll never understand python and its quirks). It starts a server but did not create any files there..

update
had a bad password!
Working now .