Frndly TV for Channels

Thanks, Ryan. Yes, I have been using the 2 source method, and my docker had been running for 20 days or so. I reloaded the M3U and downloaded the XML data, stopped and restarted the docker, and deleted/recreated the guide database. That didn't do it.
The problem was limited to my FRNDLY TV 1 source, which is the one with the gracenote=include flag. I deleted that source and added it back in, and voila'. Good to go.
Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hi all,
Out of nowhere, I am getting this error

And the same 500 server error on my Apple TV. I have verified I am on the latest image, I have restarted the container and everything. Any help would be appreciated.

I get the same thing on my Google TV. it was working fine then NOTHING.

Are you seeing anything when you go in a browser to http://DOCKERHOST_IP:8183/playlist.m3u8/

The other day I did run in to an issue where I had to reset my Frndly password. I do not know why, they just wouldn't take my password anymore.

Try logging in to the Frndly website and see if your credentials work there. If they don't work, do the whole forgot password/reset thing. If you have to reset your Frndly password you will have to re-pull the Frndly TV for Channels Docker with the updated password.

3 Likes

That happened to me yesterday. Frndly simply stopped accepting my credentials. I never figured out why either. Password reset on Frndly website fixed it, including updating to the new password in Docker.

Out of curiosity @jsfullam, do you have a KEEP_ALIVE set, or are you the standard setup. When it happened to me I wondered if it was the keep_alive that triggered something. I am probably one of only a handful of people who use that variable.

@Absenm No KEEP ALIVE set. I don't really know what that is. So, it is just the standard setup. I figured it out by trying to log into the Frndy website and app. Neither would take my password. Docker log also showed that the password was rejected.

Changing my password fixed it... so weird. Thanks all!

FrndlyTV Pw stopped for me too. Website would not let me reset, said email was not in database. Called and they had to refer to a supervisor. That was yesterday still not heard back from them

FYI, mine gave a username/password needed error until I removed the quotes around the user name and password. So, no double or single quotes.

I am gonna have to rack my memory on that.

I believe the default (no setting) is that the Docker will always keep you logged in, 24/7. This allows for the fastest access to programming since the docker always has a fresh token.

KEEP_ALIVE=0 will disable this, meaning that once your token expires the docker will have to spend a few extra seconds relogging in the next time you watch/record a program. This generally isn't a big deal.

KEEP_ALIVE=5-??? means the docker will check to see if the token is still alive every X minutes (sometimes a token my expire earlier than 6 hour standard). If it has expired the docker will re-login (refresh the token).

We may be seeing a situation where Frndly is detecting the always-on nature of the docker as being some kind of security anomaly and forcing a password reset. Or maybe Frndly needed to force everyone to reset thier passwords because of some other issue not related to our little docker.

I'm actually relieved to see this - I'm on day 5 of my creds no longer working on Frndly's site/apps, and I can't change my password because it doesn't think my email exists. Support says they still see it and even tried to change the password to no avail. It's almost like the auth system is suddenly pointing to the wrong DB. They've added a free week to my current subscription but I'm sneaking up on week 2.

Interesting. Many websites/services are requiring stricter (more complex) password requirements these days. However, I would think that if it was a change required for all Frndly users, they would have sent a notification about it.

Fwiw I've had KEEP_ALIVE set to 0 since the beginning (for this exact potential reason) and my account is still inaccessible, so I don't think that's the issue. Also their system thinks my email doesn't exist, so something deeper appears to be broken.

I am leaning toward @mhamdingo thinking. I think they have a deeper issue if they can't even change mhamdingo's password themselves.

I'm having the same issue and it won't let me reset my password. Supervisor tried to help me, but because I couldn't tell them the names of the last 3 shows I watched they can't help. I think they have screwed something up.

I had this issue. Just reset password to the same one you are using in Docker. You will also need to reload M3U data since they have changed the lineup.

1 Like

It will not let me reset the password, saying email is,not a registered user. Called and they failed, said supervisor will be it touch. They found my email, gave me a temp password and it would not log in. That was yesterday, no return call.
Tried just for kicks to re sign up, using same email. Said user was already registered. Their system got corrupted.

I updated my password and restarted the docker. Looks like they may have performed an update somewhere. I know customers using the default app have been having issues logging in.