Gen 1 FireTV HD glitchiness

Looks like the dolby passthrough driver on the FTV1 is pretty buggy, and requires all sorts of hacks. It’s not worth the effort, so I plan to disable the Surround Sound option on these legacy devices.

I did experience some glitches watching without surround sound earlier (although the OSD didn’t pop up in my case). I’m also seeing the video freeze after a few minutes of watching, as if the app is losing its connection to the HDHR.

@hansenmccracken I’m curious if you’re seeing the glitching when watching recordings as well?

1.0.16 seems to have fixed the problem I was seeing, but I’m now seeing the same thing you mentioned where it just pauses after a few minutes of being fine. As soon as I hit the forward button it resumes instantly.

Fwiw, the video pause has happened with both live TV and DVR. I just sent diagnostics for the latter in case it helps.

Looks like you’re still using v1.0.15. The issue should be fixed on 1.0.16 once Amazon approves it and your device updates itself later today.

A post was merged into an existing topic: FireTV v1.0.16

so is the app ok for the fire tv 1 or are there still performance issues ?

The app works fine on the FTV1, but Surround Sound passthrough is not available.

that’s good to know. thank you for the quick response.