I’m about to give up!

Not saying that this is the smoking gun but it is impossible to troubleshot without removing that horrible software. FYI you should consider using a real server OS like Linux. Windows 11 desktop is not a server OS. I have a nuc running Ubuntu server and have absolutely zero issues whatsoever. Last time it has to be rebooted was 1 year ago when I did an os upgrade.

Well you certainly weren’t any help. Thank goodness there are others with knowledge on here. If you were in charge of tech support I’d be don’t with channels. Your rude comments says everything about you.

I have a NUC with a clean install of windows 11 nothing else. Worked fine for a month or two then one day clients couldn’t see server. Restarted and lost all my TVE. I suspect it did a windows update. But I couldn’t get them back after multiple reinstalls. So I thought maybe the NUC didn’t have enough horsepower to run channels. I removed the NUC and installed on a laptop I had laying around. Exactly the same thing happened on a restart of the laptop. So I tried to contact support but that is a waste of time so I posted on here. HD Homerun stuff no problem ever. It’s the TVE stuff driving me nuts. So I went to bed and then to work 18 hrs after my initial post I got home and everything was good. A few missing TVE so I upgraded to the experimental version and everything great again. So in a nutshell two Windows computers both with the exact same symptoms one with McAfee one without. Then this board stopped me from responding after 16 responses. So I had to start a second thread to respond. Then one Nimrod on here starts in on me because I started a second thread. That guy needs to get out of his basement a little more. So as a whole my Channels experience has been marginal at best. Support never answers an email and the I come on here and get the railroad by some ding dong. Fortunately everyone else has been very nice. When it’s working it’s great. I will see. I need to buy a new QNAP NAS and install it on that. I have Plex on my current NAS and its been incredibly stable. Honestly I can’t remember it ever going down on it’s own. With their Plex pass it works as well as Channels just a little different. Also once you purchase Plex Pass no more fees. At this point I can’t say I want to spend my hard earned money with a company that doesn’t support their products. Especially if I have to come on here and catch a lot of grief.

1 Like

I do think you’re correct on the dedicated server. I do have a slim client sitting here I was getting ready to put home assistant on but maybe I’ll stick it back on that and give it a try. Not trying to be difficult but if the channels people won’t support their product why continue to pay a monthly subscription fee? I mean come on.

The multiple posts by seasoned long term users, supporting my recommendations to first, provide what the logs state, then, to remove McAfee, were not rude, but needed steps to help you, that you, refused to follow for some time.

My last bit for this topic. You can reply to multiple posts and multiple people in a single post. You don't need to individually reply to every post. If you use your mouse to highlight the lines you are responding to you will even get a helper "Quote" indicator that will start to format your post for you.

This will drastically cut down the number of posts you are making and still get your responses in. The Discourse software that runs this forum has built-in default to try to keep topics moving and not growing out of control where there is very little chance for productive discussion to happen.

Technically, no, not a server OS. But, I have used Win 10, then Win 11 machines as always on systems, for various uses, media servers, game servers, file servers, etc for several years, with minimal issues. Win 11 has gotten much better with the ability to control OS updates, defer them right in the GUI. I know several people who leave their Win PC's on al the time, their main workstations, rarely reboot.
Windows has gotten alot better over the years.

Looking back in my post history here, yes, i would be on the Linux is the best for server use bandwagon, and sometimes bashed Windows users. Linux has its own pros and cons, and challenges.
I still stand behind using Linux, or the custom Pi Image Channels provides, for the most rock solid and reliable Channels server you can have.

I have recently moved my server to a Win 11 system, as I needed more power, and it is what i have at hand. So far, the last few months, been solid. But time will tell.

1 Like

I never have run into this limit, and have posted more than 16 posts...pretty sure anyway.

I think they got limited cause the huge posts of the logs, maybe system thought it was spam.

That was because I couldn’t post after 16 posts. And yes I provided everything you asked. But I got it working myself still don’t know how but it’s up and running again. Look I don’t think you should be the sole arbiter of who is worthy of support and who is not. Honestly I shouldn’t even have to be here if they supported their own product. However as I explained I’m on my way to Jamaica and I didn’t have time to remove McAfee until I get back. So I’m not ignoring your advice. But the more I think about it what I am going to do upon my return is call my credit card company and get a charge back. If your the face of channels support I’m out.

My bet is the max reply

As with many software's that is made by a very small team, support is often mainly Community / User based. And, by using the search feature here, you will find many many users finding resolutions to their issues here. The devs are more active here than anywhere else. They also have a Discord server.

I don’t know but never seen anything like it. I’m paying a monthly fee for what??? Please help. Me understand.

I’m ok with that if I can purchase the product and then I’m on my own. No problem but to charge a monthly fee and get nothing in return not ok

Crap, okay, can't help myself.

From your logs:

lookup cinedigm.vo.llnwd.net: no such host

get https://bcovlive-a.akamaihd.net/b3ed62003de946c896f4f541b908376e/us-east-1/6240731308001/playlist.m3u8: 403 Forbidden

You have a DNS issue or you have networking rules in place to block access. McAfee does exactly that.

Statistics for ch2.1 KTVI-DT: ss=100% snq=57%,0%-96% seq=40%,0%-100% bps=5134054,0-7438784 pps=439,0-637 sigerr=40%

Buffer statistics for 192.168.1.222 (Jeff’s iPhone) for ch6110 SCIENCE: buf=0% drop=0%

TVE works as well as HDHOMERUN.

So, for the umteenth time... Your software is blocking you from using Channels.

Edit:

Take a look at your antenna, you have a lot of signal errors. sigerr=40%

1 Like

It takes literally a few minutes to uninstall and reboot. :wink: But, no worries. Enjoy your trip. :upside_down_face:

This hasn’t been my experience at all. My Channels setup “just works” and I never have to intervene. I hope you get any kinks worked out and have the same success as me and many other satisfied customers. To me, it’s the best software I’ve ever paid for and I’m extremely grateful to even have the opportunity to interact directly with the developers on this forum. Stick with it and good luck!

I shouldn’t have to come on here and catch a lot of grief from a member then let him decide if I deserve help or not. It’s insulting and I won’t do it. Channels is not the only game in town. And BTW Plex has many more options than channels even thought about. I used to think it was more complex than channels but I don’t think so now. Not saying I don’t like channels because I do because it’s relatively simple but Plex has made some real advances in the last year and it’s a very polished platform now.

That being said why should one stay or pick channels at this time?

You get the use of the DVR, which is working, your HDHR is working through Channels...which is not nothing.
Many have stated, your 3rd party software is causing the issues with TVE...again, not Channels fault.
Channels is working as intended, and so is your 3rd party Antivirus/Firewall software.

If you feel Channels is not for you, not worth your money... then feel free to try other solutions.

1 Like

Well it’s easy to blame it on my antivirus but as I stated multiple times a month ago I had channels installed on a machine without anything else no McAfee nothing. Same exact thing occurred that’s why I moved it to this machine in the first place

Do you have any sort of custom DNS setup? Like PiHole, Ad Guard Home, or custom address (Google DNS, CloudFlare etc) set in your router?
Some routers have Trendnet or some other sort of filtering that can block connections.

You could have other network related issues then.

1 Like