Incorrect show name in import

I imported a show and it matched it with the wrong show and therefore shows up in my import library as the incorrect show name and not the right name.

I have searched for the show on the zap2it website but nothing comes up.

I would rather have this go back to "Unmatched Movies" or "Unmatched Shows" rather than show it with the wrong name and metadata.

Is there anyway to do that until it does show up in zap2it?

Thanks,
Chuck

If it automatically incorrectly matched it on import, I don't know how to make it "Unmatched".
Sounds like a good feature request.
Are you able to find the show somewhere else, like thetvdb.com, themoviedb.org, IMDB.com

Here's the thread for TV Imports

Try renaming the "wrong match" import file and/or folder to something else, but keep any key words you need to use for the search function. Then Prune Deleted and Scan Sources in the Web UI Local Content Maintenance. There is no Unmatch feature.

chDVRuser & Blue,
Thanks for the responses. I can find the show at thetvdb.com and IMDB.com but not zap2it, which I think is the only way to get it matched right if it matched it incorrectly.

I can move it out of the import folder, prune deleted items and it is not there, then I add it back and scan and it incorrectly matches it again. From my understanding, it uses what zap2it.com has, so if it is not found there, it will never be matched correctly. I don't really understand why it does that, I would have thought it would have shown up unmatched, which would be better than an incorrect match.

Maybe the developers will know of a way to do what I want or at least consider a manual override to mark things unmatched if it gets it wrong.

Thanks!

What's the name of the show (and release year if known)?
If you can find the tms ID for the show you can enter that in the Channels find match search box.

Ragnarok (2020). TheTVDB.com link here: https://thetvdb.com/series/ragnarok and IMDB.com link here: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9251798/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3

Not sure where to find the tms ID for the show. Any ideas?

Thanks!

zap2it probably doesn't list it since it looks like it's a Netflix exclusive.

I have other Netflix only titles that matched with correct metadata (The Umbrella Academy and Cursed) but you are right, I can't even find those shows on zap2it web search.

I just thought Channels got all if its data from zap2it but it undoubtedly doesn't since the 2 titles I mentioned above imported and matched correctly. Is there another source, other than zap2it, that I can manually correct this show information?

Thanks!

I may have misread but did you try using the Fix Incorrect Match option on the show?

maddox,
I have done that but it can't find it in the search and when I search zap2it, it is not listed there either.
Thanks for asking!

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same problem with this show and season 2 is coming this month.

You can fix this by clicking Fix Incorrect Match then paste SH033742570000

1 Like

Tom_Leach,
The solution is what chDVRuser posted. I should have come back to this post and gave the ultimate answer. Sorry for not doing that.

1 Like

chDVRuser,
Thanks for posting the answer to this problem. Do you know where tmm1 gets that show value from? I asked in that post you linked but he never replied. I couldn't find it anywhere when I first started looking to a solution to this problem.

Thanks,
Chuck

Thank you.

No, have to assume from their Gracenote API. I also asked.