SHIELD Playback problem (Latest beta update v2023.01.05.0043)

Hmmm I see, makes sense. I uninstalled because of a problem with the last beta update so I uninstalled and then downloaded beta app from the play store. Can you explain the Play Store beta channel or where I can get file to sideload? Thanks

Same here! new shield pro install! Beta (1.5.43) won't connect to server!

Is there an older app, please?

Switch to software decoder in Settings >> Playback >> Advanced

1 Like

Bigger issues right now with the forum software. I posted a general reply to the main post, it seemed to hang, I hit reply to the person above me, it changed my main reply to a reply to his post. Now getting errors when trying to fixit it all.

Suffice it to say the new beta broke hardware encoder on my Shield, the workaround is temporarily switching to software until they fixit.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.getchannels.dvr.app

That works! Thank you :grinning:

If you disable hardware or hybrid in your advanced playback settings, it will work. Found that on my nVidia Shield last night in a frenzy.. It's a workaround, not optimal. Hardware is always optimal.

Thanks, tmm1!

Confirmed having the same problem on my Nvidia Shield client (spinning wheel). Seems to be client based issue as I was on 2022.12.31.xxxx and having the problem, upgraded the server to latest and still had the problem. Submitted diagnostics about 5 minutes ago.

Temporarily fixed using software decoder.

We were able to track this down. A new build with fix is uploading.

1 Like

New build fixes it here. Thanks devs!

2 Likes

This new build fixed on the Shield, but I still see an issue persisting on my Pixel 7 Pro. I get sound but no video unless I switch to software decoding.

1.5.2115 build
Android 13 T2B1.221118.006

1 Like

With mpeg2 channel? I think that's expected. Can you try the non-beta to see if there's any difference?

Yes, mpeg2 channel. Plays fine with hardware encoding on stable 4.5.1.

Okay please play it on stable, submit diagnostics (Settings > Support > Submit > Video)

Then do the same on beta

1 Like

Okay, just submitted both!

1 Like

Thanks for the diagnostics. A new beta build is uploading now with a fix.

2 Likes

Been having all kinds of playback issues the last couple days on my onn 4k box and pixel 7 pro both remotely and on local LAN. i mostly watch ATSC3 channels from my HDHR. Takes a LONG time to tune the channel and when it finally does there is no sound?!?!

Just updated to 2023.01.06.0123 server.

Channels version on the Pixel 7 is 4.5.1.

Toggled between hardware and software decoding on the Pixel 7. Still doesn't work.

v4.5.1 was released a while ago and has not changed. It sounds like something changed with your ATSC3 towers or signal. Is your HDHR firmware up to date? Can you watch on the official HDHR app