Level News subscription streaming TV service

Paging @miibeez, perhaps would be able to make a Docker similar to the one he made for LocalBTV?

1 Like

We need to create a central point to reward folks that create dockers for the community.

i make for you

Millie / vlc-bridge-levelnews · GitLab

1 Like

Thank you so much. This is terrific. The only thing better would be if it had EPG :slightly_smiling_face:

epg find it schedules direct

You can attach EPG to Custom Channels under Manage Lineup, by selecting "Search All Lineups" and then searching for the station.

2 Likes

Thanks! This is huge for me.

1 Like

Unfortunately, still isn't working:

EDIT: Went back in and refreshed it and now it's working!

1 Like

Thanks for this, but I'm having an issue getting the docker file to run. I put in my email address and password and the docker file runs for a second and then stops, giving me this: LEVELNEWS_USER and LEVELNEWS_PASS need set. They were set in the command line though and my other containers run fine. Any ideas?

People report similar problems with docker when their user/pass has special characters like ! or '

1 Like

The same happened to me and I found that it works when you remove the single quotes around each:

Change:

$ docker run -d -e '[email protected]' -e 'LEVELNEWS_PASS=secret' -p 7777:7777 --name vlc-bridge-levelnews registry.gitlab.com/miibeez/vlc-bridge-levelnews

To:

$ docker run -d -e [email protected] -e LEVELNEWS_PASS=secret -p 7777:7777 --name vlc-bridge-levelnews registry.gitlab.com/miibeez/vlc-bridge-levelnews

1 Like

Hi there,
I had the same issue when trying to use the MLB app.
I made the necessary change and all is now working as expected.

I used the solution posted by RockandRoller70 and it loaded fine. There's no special characters in my password. Thanks again everyone!

I noticed that on rebooting Docker that the Docker image doesn't auto-load LevelNews so I changed that for my Docker. Also, after a certain length of time, when accessing a channel from Level News, on the DVR I get a "connection lost" screen, which I'm guessing is because Level News has logged me out after a certain amount of time. In Task Scheduler I'm now running a bat file every 4 hours or so using: docker restart vlc-bridge-levelnews. So far, that seems to keep me connected. Does anybody else get the "connection lost" ? If so, are there different solutions?

I get the connection lost too, I just try a 2nd time and it works. No idea on another solution.

I noticed the rebooting issue too and briefly explored auto-loading, where does this get configured in Docker?

Edit: NM on the auto-load, I figured out it needed the restart parameter when run in docker.

Maybe @miibeez can fix the log out issue.

new docker make fix

1 Like

I have docker up and running, added the custom channel source and am seeing the 10 channels including Level News. Trying to watch a channel I get an error in Channels log "M3U: Login failure: Email is not registered. (-1)". The only thing in the docker log shows a single line "http server started on [::]:7777". I am assuming that I use my email and password for YouTubeTV since that is where I get my TVE from. What am I doing wrong?

You have to sign up for Level News. This has nothing to do with Youtube TV.

Docker is working great here.
Never knew there was such a neat news option available.

thanks