LocalBTV support would be nice now that Locast is gone

That's a good list and works fine, but it is one area, Philly. It gets the majority of the channels that LocalBTV offers. MeTV is only offered in one city, Fresno. If they can get every Philly channel working, you would think adding one channel from a different market would be possible. Again, I can get MeTV locally along with the other LocalBTV offerings, but when they are all nicely wrapped up in ChannelsDVR, it's a better experience.

Ok. So after much googling and posting question on a few discords. I got nada. I'm sorry. I really tried to find one.

No one has a m3u link to metv. Sorry.

So options. They all suck

1. Give up on METV and watch one of the other 1000+ channels that show random reruns
  2. Buy a hdhr and a good antenna. This is best option. HDHR usually gets better picture then TVE anyway. But it does cost $$.
    **Checkout antenna man on youtube for antenna reviews
  3. Buy a illegal iptv stream that has METV in it. Don't ask on ChannelsDVR forums about this though. Thats more a thing for troypoint forums or other like minded forums. Be careful though. Lots of bad info out there
  4. ........ Pray Locast makes a come back..... Please Locast. I miss you so much.
1 Like

Nope, I just checked TVE on Dish (and a bunch of others.) It’s not there. Only via HDHR for me too. The PQ is great, though.

If the only reason you’re holding onto TiVo is for that channel, I’d say, sell the TiVo and buy an HDHR and an antenna and integrate it beautifully into Channels. Problem solved :slight_smile:

Probably a good Idea. I have been looking at HDHR used on ebay but it hasn't hit my price point which is $50 shipped. I plan to keep the TiVo for winter months as my multitasking space heater:)

In addition to praying, you should contact your senators and voice support for the FCC nominee.

4 Likes

For those talking about METV on this topic, Frndly TV now has METV as part of its package. Frndly TV for Channels

2 Likes

Wow, thanks. I have been using a source from Tallahassee FL but the picture looks interlaced during action scenes. Hopefully this looks better.

MeTV was added to the NY/NJ market and is in HD.

1 Like

Hey Everyone - I am using Custom Channels for the first time. All I did was create a name and use Stream Format HSL, Source URL and I used ". I don't have any guide files...or understand how the guide happens. I have the guide blank and set to refresh daily.lol. Any feedback on how I can add more than the 92 channels that are coming up would be greatly appreciated as well as how I can get the guide data for these stations.

I have really enjoyed learning this. The setup of the dvr server on my mac blew my mind as I am not savvy with all of this...but I did it...and used localbtv as my first custom channel. Tomorrow I want to try frndly and Pluto.

Use USA OTA as the guide data and under Manage Lineup, add each channel, one at a time. Click the plus symbol and copy/paste the channel call letters in the search box.

1 Like

I really appreciate the reply. I figured out how to exclude the channels I wanted and your guidance on the guide really helped me..There are a couple of channels I could not find listed and thus I don't have guide information for still:
WTVE-DT2 (TimelessTV) (432p)
WNYW-DT2 (Movies!)
Also, I was looking for Classic Reruns TV...I can't seem to find that channel or guide..is there a specific m3u that might help?

1 Like

Timeless TV shows up for me when I "Search All Lineups".
Same with "Movies!"

1 Like

Are you using M3U4U.com? I think you need to use that for Classic Reruns TV, and other ones.

Okay. Thanks. Let me try that....I can't thank yall enough. I just did the frndlytv docker..and it works...I can't believe I am doing this.lol My brain hurts

FYI On the Frndly. The Frndly service, nothing to do with ChannelsDVR or the Frndly-for-Channels docker is having problems the last day or so with commercial insertion causing loss of signal. This is effecting the official Frndly apps also. So don't think you have done something wrong if you get errors on Frndly. Give them a day or two (holiday weekend) to figure it out on their end. You likely did everything right. It is a them thing. Normally Frndly is rock solid stable, so this is out of the ordinary. In fact a couple of weeks ago the A&E family of networks went down on TVE and Frndly was the only service provider that worked.

My head hurt messing with that M3U4U site. Nothing seemed very obvious how it worked. It needs a good tutorial. Worth it in the end but I need to learn more and clean everything up a bit. Definitely worth the effort. Keep in mind the free tier only lets you store 3 playlists.

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning that. I took a nap while watching a frndly channel on the channels app on my ipad and it said lost connection when I woke up. I didn't know why that happened, but I guess that is the reason. Thanks a bunch!

Thanks. There is a large m3u file that I only want certain channels...but since its more than 500, I now gotta figure that site out. That's my next project I will be taking on shortly. This is now fun.

1 Like

I get the impression that people in this thread have been able to integrate LocalBTV into Channels with a m3u file and guide data file. True?

False. A theoretical m3u will only give you the stations. You would need to manually map the stations to get the guide data. There is no "guide data file".

You should only do something like this if you live in a market with LocalBTV and pay for the service. Also, even though LocalBTV may have a station, it does not mean the theoretical m3u will have it, too. And there is no guarantee at all that such a thing would continue to work in the future.

1 Like