LocalBTV support would be nice now that Locast is gone

Just bumping this topic, Local BTV has added more channels, so I find myself in that app more and more often these days. Not sure if it's possible to bring them into the channelsDVR fold, but I'd appreciate the dev's looking into it. While they don't bring the local network channels, LocalBTV does bring in most of the other "old tv" stations you could get over the air, along with a 24hr add-free music video station.

Chief

1 Like

i had been working on a solution similar to the docker container for pluto and my docker container for MLB.tv, but i haven't had time to work on it in quite a while. they haven't added any channels in so cal that i know of...if they started adding some of the other locals that they're missing, it'd be more of a priority for me.

i'll see if i can set aside some time to take a look this weekend, but no promises...

2 Likes

What city are you pulling from?

+1.

But only reason I want LocalBTV is because I collect sources. I don't actually watch tv. I just horde more and more channels. It's a disease.

5 Likes

I'm pulling from the Phoenix area

2 Likes

Edit: link no longer works.

7 Likes

Working for me, thanks for sharing that!

1 Like

Working great here! Donate link?

Not working for me? Still working for others?

It's working for me.

Thanks. You simply added the source?

1 Like

Yes and then manually mapped the channels to matching guide data for the few channels that interested me.

Hmm. I added it and got zero channels. Thanks again.

It was working fine for me for the past 2 days but right now I'm getting 0 channels as well.

The URL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/iptv-org/iptv/master/channels/ doesn't load. Error 400: Invalid request

2 Likes

Uh oh: https://github.com/iptv-org/iptv

CleanShot 2022-02-08 at 00.20.33

Looks like it wasn't due to us_localbtv.m3u channels specifically, but rather Nagravision/Discovery channels that were listed in amer.m3u:

2 Likes

Yup link I'd dead.

When I posted local btv link. IPTV-Org hosted lots of illegal m3us as well as legal. Its why I linked directly to file rather then entire repository.

Oh well. Sorry it's down. If I see anyone elsevmake m3u for localbtv I'll post it

1 Like

The channels actually still work if you have a copy of the m3u. I changed my setting to never refresh the m3u and in testing a few random channels everything is still up.

There is a mirror of the IPTV-Org repository at gitea.it/miracle091/iptv (not going to direct link). I'm going to recommend downloading the m3u and using a local copy instead.

5 Likes

Thank you!

This topic has veered into a pretty grey area I’m not sure is in the best interest of our fine developers.

3 Likes

FYI, the original Github is back up. Looks like they won their appeal. A look back at history shows this happens to them from time-to-time.

2 Likes