LocalBTV support would be nice now that Locast is gone

I’m guessing this time they removed the Nagravision/Discovery channels, those were the ones reported as unauthorized.

Anyone able to get MeTV working? Thanks.

Only sources I know for MeTV are antenna (HD Home Run) and subscription plans (like cable)

MeTV is not on LocalBTV, SS, Stirr, Pluto dont have MeTV. But there is lots of stations that show similar content. Sorry I dont know any free & legal(ish) online sources for MeTV that channels is compatible with ChannelsDVR.

MeTV is on peacock streaming service for free. If you just must watch it.

1 Like

It is on LocalBTV in one city. Hopefully someone smarter than me can figure out how to add it. It is also on another service, Dwellings, but it comes and goes. Worked for a week but stopped working for another week. Having to switch to an app and watch every commercial isn't an option for me but thanks for the heads up with Peacock.

But the people who maintain the local btv m3u don't have it. Maybe itvwill change in the future.

Only other options forvthat particular channel
*HDHR with antenna
*paid tve service that has it.
Please check out Where to Watch MeTV

Because MeTV is a OTA-Broadcast station. I believe they charge "retransmission fees". So your paid cable subscriber may have it in one area but not another. On appletv web site (old article in 2021) they say MeTV is available on their service based on your zip code. So i imagine it will be the same for other paid providers.

But any of the free streaming services has channels that shows similar content.

You could hit up the people at IPTV-Org and ask them if any of their m3u contain metv. I doubt it. I have 19 tv sources and only place i get MeTV is HDHR.

It must be dependent on your location because I don't see it in the list of free channels in my Peacock account.

I was going off memory that METV was on peacock. I just logged into my peacock account. Its not their. My appogies for giving you false hope.

In my area MeTV is not included, but here LocalBTV does carry Cozi TV which licenses some of the same old shows (the ones from NBCUniversal).

Can you confirm there are TVE options for MeTV or are you making an assumption? I can get it on Spectrum but it doesn't work on TVE, that I see.
I get it OTA on my TiVo, but every other channel I want to watch I can get working through Channels DVR. So running the TiVo just for MeTV is a waste of energy and is more cumbersome than if I could get it in Channels.

1 Like

Cozi works with the m3u posted in this thread. I also get Cozi locally OTA. Are you using the m3u?

1 Like

No I'm not. I tried out the official LocalBTV website and apps, mostly for a friend but also out of curiosity in preparation for cutting the cord. For now though I get the same channels via cable, and on OTA when it's not raining. No ATSC 3.0 here yet.

First time I ever seen METV was on Dish (those crooks). Then when i first switched to channels i "think" i got it in my tve. You would really have to go through each streaming service and see there lineup.

Local btv m3u links
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/iptv-org/iptv/master/channels/us_localbtv.m3u

I don't think you can get metv through tve. That is why I asked.

That's a good list and works fine, but it is one area, Philly. It gets the majority of the channels that LocalBTV offers. MeTV is only offered in one city, Fresno. If they can get every Philly channel working, you would think adding one channel from a different market would be possible. Again, I can get MeTV locally along with the other LocalBTV offerings, but when they are all nicely wrapped up in ChannelsDVR, it's a better experience.

Ok. So after much googling and posting question on a few discords. I got nada. I'm sorry. I really tried to find one.

No one has a m3u link to metv. Sorry.

So options. They all suck

1. Give up on METV and watch one of the other 1000+ channels that show random reruns
  2. Buy a hdhr and a good antenna. This is best option. HDHR usually gets better picture then TVE anyway. But it does cost $$.
    **Checkout antenna man on youtube for antenna reviews
  3. Buy a illegal iptv stream that has METV in it. Don't ask on ChannelsDVR forums about this though. Thats more a thing for troypoint forums or other like minded forums. Be careful though. Lots of bad info out there
  4. ........ Pray Locast makes a come back..... Please Locast. I miss you so much.
1 Like

Nope, I just checked TVE on Dish (and a bunch of others.) It’s not there. Only via HDHR for me too. The PQ is great, though.

If the only reason you’re holding onto TiVo is for that channel, I’d say, sell the TiVo and buy an HDHR and an antenna and integrate it beautifully into Channels. Problem solved :slight_smile:

Probably a good Idea. I have been looking at HDHR used on ebay but it hasn't hit my price point which is $50 shipped. I plan to keep the TiVo for winter months as my multitasking space heater:)

In addition to praying, you should contact your senators and voice support for the FCC nominee.

4 Likes

For those talking about METV on this topic, Frndly TV now has METV as part of its package. Frndly TV for Channels

2 Likes

Wow, thanks. I have been using a source from Tallahassee FL but the picture looks interlaced during action scenes. Hopefully this looks better.