LocalBTV Support

I know that Channels DVR recently added support for Locast. LocalBTV recently launched in Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and now Philadelphia a few weeks ago. Any thoughts on adding support for it? The service itself has a free DVR and support for Android Live Channels, but like myself I am sure there are people interested in Channels DVR who don't have an antenna. I'm in the Philly area and with the problems that plague antenna service here, it would be nice to have everything in one app with DVR service without the hassle of hooking up an antenna to my roof. I'm about to take the plunge on signing up for Channels DVR once my cable subscription promo expires in February, but want to see if I can combine using Locast and LocalBTV before I spend a potential $150+ to install an antenna on my roof, even with Locast's legal woes. I was also thinking about combining a cheap antenna to get the subchannels with Locast to get the main channels like 6ABC and MeTV which are on Low-VHF signals. Has anyone done this in the Philly market?

1 Like

Would also like to have access to localbtv for Channels DVR.

FYI - localbtv is currently supported by Live Channels (on Shield TV).

LocalBTV site:

Any news on this topic? I see Philly is now online. We really need a replacement for Locast. If there any thought on incorporating LocalBTW as Source for ChannelsDVR? Thanks!

Please go to this thread:

You will find a temporary m3u option there.