Locals on DIRECTV Stream in Seattle

I’m trying to reconfigure my sources as I’ve been having troubles with KOMO.(the ABC affiliate). After deleting and re-adding everything, I’ve completely lost CBS altogether, both ABC and FOX are out of Spokane, while NBC is still KING 5 (Seattle). To make things more confusing, abc.go.com is also showing me Spokane, despite showing me logged in from where I actually am actually physically located (and the email showing me I’ve logged in from the right area), and I have a server running on my Mac (yes on a different network) where everything is still coming in correctly. The abc site keeps telling me KOMO is not currently available via DIRECTV STREAM, yet the DIRECTV STREAM App shows it fine as well. Really confused by what’s happening at the moment.

Andrew

1 Like

Just keep toggling the Local Networks via TV Everywhere option until it works.
I've had that and also errors saying my Xfinity sub doesn't include the locals, Hah.
Going to the NBC live website every refresh of my browser changes my local station.

1 Like

I got CBS back by doing this. ABC and FOX still pointing to the wrong feeds. I’ll try again tomorrow (been toggling for a while without getting those two straightened out).

Andrew

Interestingly, and perhaps in play, i noticed that https://geolocation.onetrust.com/cookieconsentpub/v1/geo/location
...is only returning my state now, instead of a locale. Is this URL still in play for location tracking?

Somewhat related, when I try and toggle the Locals back on from the default settings page, I get:

Try again over HTTPS here or here. Your browser failed to retrieve your geolocation: Origin does not have permission to use Geolocation service

The first one doesn't work, but the second one does.

The geolocation.onetrust.com is definitely not returning the locale for me either. And ABC Live Stream - ABC.com is also pointing to Spokane.

Note that somehow FOX has also been restored to the right feed (it was pointing to a MyNetworkTV stream, now it's pointing back to the local Seattle FOX station).

Running it on my Mac, my iPhone, and my iPad, all result in the same outcome. NBC, CBS, and FOX from Seattle (expected), ABC and from Spokane (definitely not expected)

If that's true from multiple web browsers (using incognito/private), all you can do is report it to ABC.

I have reported it to ABC. They have been having me jump through hoops to prove it's not on my end, but the Web site doesn't work properly on any device or with any browser, and their App doesn't work properly on anything except the iPad and on the iPhone it simply fails with no stream. I've tried my regular network and my cellular one. The cellular connection puts me in Portand, OR, instead of Spokane, WA, but this is a fail nonetheless. I will update this thread once its resolved.

1 Like

Just a quick update, ABC tech support has acknowledged the problem and told me the problem should be fixed by 10/29 (this Saturday).

Fingers crossed!

ABC said they deployed their fix by 10/29. Either they didn't deploy it until very late in the day on 11/4, or the power outage just before midnight on 11/4 that took out everything in the area cleared out anything still causing the issues. In any event, I have ABC working normally again. I have confirmed this with ABC tech support as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.