Mac Mini DVR Server is down

The fact the the DVR is forwarding the public IP is probably the root of all your issue. That setting should show the local IP of your mini. Something in your router is not right, vpn running? virtual network? bad routing table. I would reset that router and reenter your config.

Turn off automatic and use manual. Automatic is not reliable with all routers. Does not work at all with my ASUS.

I disabled the remote access. I reenabled and it choose the automatic setting. I am changed it to manual and I can verify that I still have remote access. and he is a re-run of the troubleshooter.

So now it makes sense, you configured your router with a hard setting for port forwarding, but you told the mini DVR to use automatic. you have a conflict in your settings. Turn off the automatic, its not needed and manual works better. You have hard set the route/rule in your router so with automatic turned on too the DVR is trying to create a rule also. That won't work.

interesting that it reports your device by its name and not by its IP address in the Remote DVR setting.

It would help in troubleshooting if you could state what that internal (private) IP address is.
It should be a reserved private IP address like 192.168,x,x and you won't be giving up any secrets by displaying it since nobody can access it from the internet.

192.168.7.219 is the internal IP.

1 Like

Maybe because of Bonjour Networking is enabled?

I am fairly certain at this point that this is all a router issue and nothing to do with the DVR. This all looks like a misconfiguration in the router of some sort. A firewall entry or it could just be corrupted and needs a reset. My ASUS got hung last week with the routing table showing IP's that did not match the IP's on the actual devices. Had to do a reset to clear that. At this point we have confirmed all Mini settings, reinstalled the software, so the only thing left is the router.

Clue, there is no IP in those brackets. This has to be your router. See what my Bonjour setting looks like.
Screen Shot

I guess that leads to this symptom as well. Is bonjour networking necessary?

That (NET) should be showing the local IP address of the MAC Mini
Screenshot 2021-12-10 at 08-23-47 Channels Settings

Two things here. No its not necessary but it does mean you will have to enter the IP of your server manually to any LOCAL devices(Apple TV, iPads etc) but it does mean that something is not right in your router that it is not allowing bonjour to discover.

Only used to help clients discover the server automatically. Not required.

yep, he has no network interface. Device is not fully connected. Can you send a snap of your network settings on your Mini? Like this:
Screen Shot 1

I am fully connected. This whole time I am been remote into the server machine over screen share. and access remote webUI.

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 11.28.34 AM

I thought you reserved the IP in the router? No need to make it static in the mini too. make that DHCP only.

eero DHCP IP reservation settings should be using the MAC address of the WiFi or Ethernet adapter on you Mac Mini and not a hostname.
Is that how you setup the reserved IP address in the eero?

Also noticed that your network page is not showing any DNS servers?

Ok. Made the change and restarted DVR Server. Still same result.

Router is matching up with Apple settings: