MCEBuddy - Channels DVR files

In the mcebuddy json file we are marking sports already, so it should be smarter about it. Can you check one of the json file and verify it says "IsSports":true

It does & I am going to try to make some changes in MCEBuddy.

You should be able to set up conversion rules in MCEBuddy to process sports shows differently. For example, I have some shows that are converted to MP4 and moved to different folders so my kids can see them in Plex in different libraries.

Yes i was able to make the changes needed to make it work

Hey did you ever get this to work? could you give me an example? what URL would you use? switch the ip address to that of my dvr server?

• Thanks!

Run this command:

Invoke-WebRequest -Method put http://127.0.0.1:8089/dvr/hacks/mcebuddy

Yes. Replace the IP address provided by @tmm1 with the IP address of your server.

Awesome! got it to work! Thank you!

Hey, I currently have MCEbuddy working fine and doing the job i want it to. Is there any update on your official export feature? Are there any plans, or have you thought to export recordings into a HEVC file to maximize storage?
Thank you for all the hard work you guys do!

• Anthony

Is there a way to disable the creation of the JSON files if I am no longer using MCEBuddy?

iwr -method Delete http://127.0.0.1:8089/dvr/hacks/mcebuddy

2 Likes

Awesome, worked like a charm! Now I won’t have a bunch of folders with JSON files lingering around even through I deleted the shows from Channels DVR.

I’ll update the DVR to delete the json files when a recording is deleted.

1 Like

Can you adjust the update to remove all files with the same name?

This would really help those of us using a third party recording aggregator. One example, would be Emby which adds .nfo files or even Channels with the newly added .edl function.

Thanks

1 Like

I was going to post a similar request as I notice since edl files are created alongside our recordings when I delete a recording after watching the edl file stays behind and becomes clutter.

Latest pre-release build will delete nfo/edl/json

2 Likes

Sorry, guess I joined late. How do I get the .nfo files I would like to see for recordings instead of deleting them as you say?
I figured out by stumbling through the forum how to create a .json file for all available recordings, but am unaware how to get the .nfo files I’d prefer.

There are no nfo files in the DVR. Someone else mentioned them earlier.

This works great, but on some shows I also have .jpg and .png …probably created by Emby (?) but could be another media manager since I have been trying so many. Would really like to see xxxx.* deleted.

Thanks

Channels doesn’t create .nfo files. The only solution that I’ve seen create is Emby. You can use the free version.

Edit: Just run Emby…point to Channels folders when you add to libraries.