Missing recorded/scheduled programs after 3.2.29 iOS update

I guess I should clarify. TVE is Beta. Channels in the beginning strickly OTA. TVE has been added for a couple of months. Its reliant on the Providers. Yes there are issues with it. But for OTA I have not had any issues with it. I only used Tivo Bolt OTA for the last few years and was happy with it until the Broadcasters repacking. Since then My Program Guide is a mess and most of the channels can't be recorded due to no Title information. So I found Channels, when I bought a WD Cloud Drive. Channels was a feature available and thats how I found this program. It was then only good for OTA til TVE was added. As far update releases I suggest you message the developers directly about it. By the way The FIre TV update works. Apple sucks.

UPDATE:

3 of our 4 versions have been approved and released to the App Store. The last one in wait is the original paid SKU for tvOS. It should be reviewed and released within the hour we hope. The reviews are going fast.

This has nothing to do with Apple or tvOS 13. We made a mistake when we submitted the new version for approval and it was the wrong version of the built code. We realized the mistake within hours and had a fix up waiting for review within minutes after that. The rest is us having to wait on App Store reviewers. We wish we could get client releases out as fast as we can get server releases out.

We're sorry for the problems this caused, we don't have a big history of botched releases, but it happens sometimes. Thanks for hanging in there with us. Things should be back to normal within a few hours.

If you use the free SKU on tvOS, you should be able to update right now and things will be back to normal. Thanks to everyone that reached out about this, you guys are crucial to the whole community.

6 Likes

Yep - using original paid SKU for Apple TV. All DVR functions lost.

I realize you don't control Apple's app release process - but is this something that takes hours, days or weeks? Just trying to figure out when to try my Apple TV again.

It shouldn't be but a few more hours at the most. We expedited the app review (we have a limited amount of times we can do this) so that it would get reviewed faster. All of the other SKUs are already reviewed and released. It shouldn't be much longer now.

If you download the free "Channels DVR" SKU from the tvOS App Store right now, you'll be back up and running. It's the same exact app, it just requires you have an active subscription.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Fire Recast Experience

Apple App reviewers don't have HDHomeRuns, nor TVE accounts. They just open the apps and make sure that the buttons and menus work.

Apple App reviewers don't have HDHomeRuns, nor TVE accounts. They just open the apps and make sure that the buttons and menus work.

Apple is not responsible for app QA. They just check to make sure it's following the rules. The developer is always responsible to testing functionality.

It shouldn't be but a few more hours at the most.

The iOS App is available now in the app store and works correctly. I can't try the AppleTV version until I get home tonight, but I'm sure it works too. Thanks!

1 Like

The final SKU, the paid tvOS version of Channels, has been approved and released to the App Store. It should be available in a few after it propagates through the store for everyone.

Thanks for everyone's patience on this.

3 Likes

Thanks for getting it fixed! Just updated my iPhone and iPad and all is good.

1 Like

You are blowing this way out of proportion. The Channels team of 3 developers puts out updates with new improvements nearly every day. They always have beta tests. Developer made a rare mistake that caused you not to be able to view your recordings for a few hours during the workday on a Tuesday morning. And then they fixed it. Holy shit! What are you gonna do without your TV Recordings for a couple hours? Give it a break.

5 Likes

Exactly... mistakes happen and these guys jumped on it right away to fix it and acknowledged it. Large companies release code with bugs all the time and good luck getting it fixed let alone getting them to even acknowledge it.

I can't stand it when people get all high and mighty and start spouting off about code management procedures and shit every time someone makes a mistake.

1 Like

Casting it from Chrome browser still worked if he really needed to watch a recording. Gee even I can go a few hours waiting for a fix. He's a Tivo user, I cant imagine what he would do if I happened with That system. I cant get support from them to fix their freaking guide due to the broadcasters repack.

You are blowing this way out of proportion.

Really? I asked how it happened, which is a valid question. It was not a minor feature that was broken. It was the primary feature of the software.

I've had Channels DVR now for about a month. This is the first update I've downloaded and it was 100% broken. That is why had some concern and why I raised the question. I don't have a history of dozens of updates that were flawless, and now one that not. The only one I've seen was completely broken.

They fixed it quickly, and that's great. Hopefully the process that allowed it to get out is identified and corrected, so it does not happen again.

I really want Channels to succeed. It looks like the best solution available.

Also, until you told me, I had no idea it's only 3 developers. It is a very impressive product for such a small team.

He's a Tivo user, I cant imagine what he would do if I happened with That system.

I've never lost a recording or had the system prevent me from view recording in 20 years of Tivo use, So yeah I would be upset if they released an update that did either of those. are you suggesting that you'd be fine with that?

I don't like Tivo's business practices, etc. but the on good thing about them is the systems core functionality is rock solid.

Thanks for the quick fix!

1 Like

I just got home and discovered I have this issue too. How do I update my channels apps to fix this? Thanks.

Open your App Store, go to purchased, recently updated, update

Perfect! All is working now and thank you! Also a side note, I’m another happy channels user. It’s been great and perfectly stable for me except for this one instance.