NAS gone wrong

Yea. This is an antenna reception problem.

ok so the antenna isn't getting a good enough signal?
my original issues were with TVE...how do these stats look?

Watch the “total cache” while watching. Is it pretty consistent or does it get down to zero at any point?

its fairly consistent. The lowest I have seen is 1.15 and the highest I have seen is 5.10
goes lower during commercials bit hiher during programs...jumped up to 6-7

Are you experiencing the issue while it’s consistent?

so far today things have been decent. I don't know if its cause I removed the aggregation bond or if its cause I changed the decoder to hardware but i haven't been having issues so far.

1 Like

Quite possible you were having issues with the aggregation and signal issues for OTA. Having two issues makes it very hard to troubleshoot, would explain why it’s been so hard to figure out.

I only recently added the OTA antenna...its very possible that the aggregation was the source of the issues. I would have never thought that having aggregation would create an issue.

What antenna did you get, and what is your zip code. I have gone through enough to know something about them. Is it outdoor, in the attic. Are you running a pre-amp? Any splitters? Should have asked how long is the run from the antenna to your hdhr?

This is the antenna I got

I put it in the attic as I haven't been able to mount it outside as of yet.

I got straight from the antenna into the HD Home Run Connect and there are no splitters or amps in the loop.

what is your zip code so I can look up the stations in your area.

oh yeah sorry

Well yea, if you didn’t tell the switch you connected the nas to that the ports are aggregate, it’s not going to work.

Thanks that's good to know...I will look up some information on that and see how to program the switch also

Here is my switch for reference

I take it you are pointing toward Atlanta? South, just a little toward the west. Just trying to figure out which ones you are trying to get as most are off to the south one to south west and another north west haha. Glad the 3 in my area are within 6 miles of each other.

the biggest priority is ABC as I can't get that with TVE.

Call sign for them WSB-HD?

yes

Well it could be that you don't have it pointed in exactly the right direction and being outside should help. It is fairly small and might be to small. You might need a little bigger one. The second video is exactly what I have and it is night and day different over my rca yagi and clearstream 4v antenna. Televes also makes an even larger one. But I don't think you would need that. I am sure others have some options too. I just happen to really like this one.

Here is a review on the one you have. The guy can get a little annoying but does know his stuff.

This is the one that I have and has worked better than all the others I used.

Televes DAT BOSS Mix. It also has a passthrough so you don't have to have the pre-amp on. Also has built in LTE filter. But again isn't as cheap as the one you have. Also if you do get it. Make sure it has both UHF/VHS hence the name Mix. As they do make just specific cheaper ones for only UHF.