Native speed test for tvOS and iOS

Nice to finally have a Native Speed Test.

How do you view the results?
After running it displays this.

Hmm, it looks like the view is getting truncated.

Can you tell me what device that is?

If you could submit diagnostics that could be helpful

iPhone SE (3rd gen)
Just submitted diagnostics

Here's what it looks like while it's running.

Fix going out now.

Fixed.

tvOS :+1:

I was thrown for a loop until I figured out us vs ms. Seeing 800 us I was like what's going on with my server oh wait thats really good haha.

1 Like

:+1:
v2024.03.28.1843------------------------------->v2024.03.28.2038

I don’t think this is working properly when not on home lan/wifi. Cellular has a few hundred mb download and has no issues playing original quality. Speed test to server shows point one mb download.

Still broke. Unknown error occurred
submitted under ab9f5d9d-5f58-426b-815b-db4aac7a2c9a

A bit of a difference between Safari http://192.168.1.4:8190/speedtest and the New Native Speed Test

This latest build should fix the remote access.

Does this fix the issue where it shows essentially zero download speed? I'm still seeing that one.

Yes it fixed it for me. Make sure you are on v2024.03.29.0505 or later on the app.

I did have a later version of the app installed but looks like I had to update my DVR too — now I'm good.

Good call. This does require an up-to-date pre-release build of the DVR to work correctly.

I wonder why it is slower in one direction?

I would also like to know.
Maybe first they should state what the down arrow speed and up arrow speed represents.
Is the down arrow the speed the client downloads data from the server?

My two results show download 564Mbps and down arrow 41.8Mbps - big difference.

This new test must also be doing something else... I wonder if the server cpu and drives are generating the bits to be downloaded at the same time it is sending them. My safari test is much faster too.

I do know that my LAN speed tests using other applications (testing read/write to the NAS drives over the network) have sightly slower write to the nas than read. But this is expected as the writes are doing RAID parity calculations. Nevertheless, my write to nas drives from my computer is faster than Channels DVR reports my atv network connection upload (both are connected with gigabit ethernet).