NBC, NBC Sports, NBCU Networks No Longer Available via TV Everywhere Providers

Oh, in that case, putting aside the tactless tantrum, the good news is that the earlier prereleases are still available for installation and rolling back is within grasp, as others have subsequently shared here.

Remember if you have a paid, cable. satellite, or ott service. You can watch NBC and it's channels that are in your package free (just not via Channels). My mother is a diehard MSNBC watcher. I was thinking I was going to have to get Peacock, and PlayOn Cloud, then link to Channels DVR.

I'll re-enable syfy and nbc for now since it's working for some people

5 Likes

I tried the SyFy stream about 15 mins ago. It wasn't working.

3 Likes

WSMV (NBC) - 6000 is still working
Syfy (east) - 6054 is still working but 6055 (west) is not working.
Everything else NBC is dead.

3 Likes

If she is diehard, and you think it is worth it, there is a subscription (tugotv.com) that now has a working vlc-bridge docker that brings the streams into channels. It is similar to the docker for FrndlyTV. They cary MSNBC and NBCGolf. I believe those are the only NBCUniversal networks however.

2 Likes

Is Tugotv legit or is it just another IPTV service? Seems pretty low price at $29.99 for their content lineup.

Can you retry to enable MSNBC? I just updated again, and SYFY works with the latest enable.

2 Likes

WSMV is my DMA. Also echo what he says about SyFy West.

Interesting, I lost WSMV at the same time I lost all the other NBCU stuff. They all went dead for me yesterday afternoon, even before the firmware update.

1 Like

Finally, I ran across your comment that explains why I can no longer access MSNBC and CNBC using Channels via TVE but I can still access NBC, at least for now. Has NBC made any comments about their change in streaming format technology being an intentional move to prevent the type of streaming/recording that Channels/TVE or other similar services offer?

2 Likes

I had the same question. If you Google it you will find multiple articles out there classifying it as legit. In the same ballpark as the big players (YTTV, Hulu, etc)

3 Likes

There's no way this is legit. All those channels plus the major networks (buried at the end of the list) for $29.99 a month.

Read the reviews on Amazon of all places and they all say it runs like a low quality illegal IPTV service with freezes, poor quality and black screens. Stay away.

3 Likes

Just tried it with the VLC bridge docker, was a real mess. Only about 12 of the streams would load at all, and they were not ones that I would want to watch. The web player played quite a few of them, but as a channels user that was not what I was looking for. Cancelled trial and went for a walk.

2 Likes

Can MSNBC please be re-added as a test?

2 Likes

MSNBC doesn't work but i'll readd it so you can try it yourself.

1 Like

Ok Thanks. Is it in the latest?

2 Likes

Yup. All gone. But Sci-Fi East still works.

1 Like

Yep. MSNBC gone. SYFY East, Local (WSMV) NBC, working. Thanks for trying @tmm1

2 Likes

Does Audials work on Mac?

How much CPU does it use while recording video?

On my mac I tried to use QuickTime to screen record Chrome while playing nbc.com/live but it doesn't work. It only records a black screen.

According to Audials and Copyright :: Audials you should be able to use QuickTime to screen record. On Windows does "Windows Game Recorder" also work?

1 Like