NBC, NBC Sports, NBCU Networks No Longer Available via TV Everywhere Providers

I had the same question. If you Google it you will find multiple articles out there classifying it as legit. In the same ballpark as the big players (YTTV, Hulu, etc)

3 Likes

There's no way this is legit. All those channels plus the major networks (buried at the end of the list) for $29.99 a month.

Read the reviews on Amazon of all places and they all say it runs like a low quality illegal IPTV service with freezes, poor quality and black screens. Stay away.

3 Likes

Just tried it with the VLC bridge docker, was a real mess. Only about 12 of the streams would load at all, and they were not ones that I would want to watch. The web player played quite a few of them, but as a channels user that was not what I was looking for. Cancelled trial and went for a walk.

2 Likes

Can MSNBC please be re-added as a test?

2 Likes

MSNBC doesn't work but i'll readd it so you can try it yourself.

1 Like

Ok Thanks. Is it in the latest?

2 Likes

Yup. All gone. But Sci-Fi East still works.

1 Like

Yep. MSNBC gone. SYFY East, Local (WSMV) NBC, working. Thanks for trying @tmm1

2 Likes

Does Audials work on Mac?

How much CPU does it use while recording video?

On my mac I tried to use QuickTime to screen record Chrome while playing nbc.com/live but it doesn't work. It only records a black screen.

According to Audials and Copyright :: Audials you should be able to use QuickTime to screen record. On Windows does "Windows Game Recorder" also work?

1 Like

It looks like it would only work on Mac with Parallels. There is no native app for it.

When it first starts recording the CPU will jump a bit, but after it gets going it uses about 1/2 my CPU on my Windows 11 PC.

They do recommend not running any other applications while recording so I have a dedicated PC just for it.

I haven't tried "Windows Game Recorder". I tried some other screen recording app before but got similar results you describe with Quicktime.

1 Like

Well, at a point you have to look at the complexity/cost versus just switching over to something like Youtube TV for actual viewing. Channels was nice for integrating stuff to a common platform but the TVE ship appears to be sinking into a DRM abyss.

3 Likes

I'm pretty confident Tugo TV is legitimate, just very crappy. It's run by Glorystar Satellite, which is a legitimate Christian TV satellite service. An educated guess of their business model is they're getting subsidized by some evangelical organization to buy the rights for major channels so they can also deliver a bunch of Christian channels in the same package. If you look at their lineup, it includes like 60 Christian channels.

I found one that works on Mac. KeepStreams. Havenā€™t tried it yet. Going to try it tonight though.

I could see this being a Canadian only service because they could get away with just selling the networks as national (NY). When they start selling them in this country, they now unfairly have an advantage because companies here can't sell national network service. That's why the satellite services had to waste so much bandwidth on local channels as did YoutubeTV and other providers. If I'm going to use something of dubious legality, I'd just use an IPTV service that provided an M3u list.

3 Likes

@tmm1 - out of curiosity, I did try the gamebar recorder on the Win11 PC and it does replay back a black screen.

3 Likes

I watch a lot of nbcu content. Iā€™ve known this day would eventually come, but was hoping it would be years away.

I have YTTV which is fine, but the big loss for me will be the inability to access while out of the country.

1 Like

VPN for the win?

1 Like

Good idea. I may need to look into it.

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning it, curious for your review. It screen-records in real-time?

1 Like

Sweet. I appreciate this detail! I've now re-enabled SyFy (east) and will enjoy it while it lasts :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like