NEW: Android TV app for Channels DVR (experimental)

Possible the player is remembering the wrong start position between movies, although when I tried locally I could not reproduce.

Try kill/restart app, by selecting Stop under Settings, or clicking Home (circle button) twice and killing the running app.

Anyone tried this on other android tv box? I still can’t see the app in play store in my Mii box

The app is beta only so it doesn’t show up on the store. Did you try clicking the beta link to install it? Haven’t tried on mibox but would be very curious to hear how it works.

i clicked the link and also went to the link for the play store to get the channels app but it returned an error:

it says

“No carrier Xiaomi MiBOX3”
This item is not compatible with your device

I have uploaded v1.0.6 which should allow installation on the MiBox. Let me know how it works for you.

1 Like

I restarted my Shield which got the app working right again (stopping and starting wasn’t working either) and it shows my recordings now. I played Jimmy Fallon, and jumping 30 seconds was actually jump all the way back to the beginning. I tried Tosh.0 too and it would do the same thing.

Uploaded v1.0.7 with a fix for this bug.

Man you guys are great

1 Like

Ffd/Rew now also works great with the Amazon Fire Remote.

Dragged another device out of the dusty closet to try…Nexus Player.

Loads great but crashes when trying to utilize. Probably too underpowered.

1 Like

Hmm, tried to look for crash reports but didn’t see any for Nexus Player. Perhaps it is on older Android OS and isn’t reporting them up.

Is on 7.1.1, just applied a sec patch. Tried again.

Exact message is: Channels has stopped. In a box on main menu.

Also seeing “Channels has stopped” after 5 - 10 seconds using the app (v1.0.7) on a LeEco TV running Android TV 6.0.

Otherwise this is looking really good! Can’t wait to see it working smoothly. Thanks for your efforts.

Please make sure that Settings -> Usage & Diagnostics is set to On so that I receive crash reports and can fix the bug.

I’m not finding a Settings section on the TV app. Let me know where I should be looking.

I think it should be in the settings tab of the device your using. Depending on the device, it should be under the permissions tab.

I’ve noticed that channels are detected as Dolby Surround by my AV receiver instead of Dolby Digital.

On my Android TV: Settings > Apps > Select “Channels” app > Permissions > Says “No permissions”

I don’t see anything else relevant in the app settings listed in this location.

I’m uploading a new build that uses a different crash reporting mechanism, should hopefully work with more devices.

1 Like

I found the LeEco X TV crash and (hopefully) fixed it in the lastest upload (v1.0.9).

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. Just installed 1.0.9 and managed to switch between a few channels before another crash, unfortunately.