NEW: Android TV app for Channels DVR (experimental)

Crash reports are showing up now. Fixed a couple more issues you hit and uploaded v1.0.10

1 Like

Nexus Player crash reports also coming through now. Looks like it uses an Intel chip, and the app is only ARM compatible at the moment.

Thank you!! Working great on my LeEco now. Made it through almost an entire episode of Futurama so far. :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for identifying. Back to Shield for now.

Let me know if/when any changes and I will test again.

v1.0.11 should support the Nexus Player.

Updated, rebooted, still stops

Uploaded v1.0.12, hopefully fixes Nexus Player this time.

Awesome. Can you let me know if on the “On Now” section, the dropdown triangle at the top right is appearing correctly, or if it’s cut off the screen?

It appears correctly.

1 Like

Progress:

No more stopping. :grinning:

In trying to playback a recording, I can hear audio skips, no video… & OSD keeps popping up.

Overall, recording appears to be moving forward. When OSD pops up, counter returns to time start point, then quickly jumps back to “current”, hear more audio skips, then OSD, etc. in a loop.

In trying to play a live channel from guide or On Now, immediately jumps back to Channels menu.

crashed couple of times. will not playback the video, it would just close when you select a channel. haven’t been able to use it in MiBox

do you automatically update the installed app? don’t know how to update them. thanks.

Yes the app should update automatically. You can also go into the Play Store app and check for any updates.

Please make sure it is updated and then make the app crash a few times. After every crash, you need to reopen the app so that it submits the crash report to me.

(Right now I only see one crash report yesterday from Mibox from v1.0.11 of the app. I think that crash should be fixed in v1.0.12)

I have a Mibox and installed the beta yesterday (you might have seen my crash on 1.0.11, as I only got one actual crash to report). I installed 1.0.11 yesterday… 1.0.11 as well as 1.0.12 are getting the same result: It finds the DVR server (on my Mac Mini), the guide populates, but when clicking on a TV program, it flashes the play/rewind/fast forward/info screen for less than a second and returns back to the guide with nothing playing. Same result 100% of the time.

I hope this helps you in your development (it’s a Mibox, so by the very crappy nature of it being a Mibox, I don’t envy your work).

I will be glad to help you as much as possible as I think you said you don’t have a Mibox and I know Android is new territory.

Just sent another crash. Had to work at it to get ti to crash-- rapid succession of hitting the select button until it locked up on the Info/Play screen. Otherwise, it just stays in the Guide with no video.

1 Like

Thanks. Just uploaded v1.0.13 which fixes the crashes you saw, and adds some logging for the issue where the player stops right away.

Also am curious if playing back recordings works any better than live tv.

No dice. Email sent to support addy.

Loaded .13, recording playback remains the same as yesterday, however, trying to playback live has improved. No longer reverts to Channels main menu.

Goes to a blank screen as if it’s trying to playback. No audio either, nor timeline movement.

No issues on the Shield for me, working great still. Comskip would be my next request.

1 Like

I can map dedicated skip media buttons to comskip. However not sure how to handle remotes without those buttons, or OSD. Perhaps double-click of ff/rw button maps to comskip, like on ATV?

On the OSD, perhaps I can add a |< and >| dedicated buttons for comskip, and only show them when playing back a recording.

2 Likes

Yeah I like keeping it the same across platforms. The OSD for it is something it needs too, especially since the stock remote that’s stupid expensive doesn’t have very much functionality.