NEW: Android TV app for Channels DVR (experimental)

Hey is there any way when going to the guide tab to have it automatically set to all channels rather then favorite?

1 Like

v1.0.15 uploaded:

• Allows skipping commercials via skip buttons on remote
  • Possible fix for Nexus Player mpeg2 playback
  • Guide tab will remember filter selection
1 Like

Should DD 5.1 be working? if so, I am not receiving it.

No, not yet. I havenā€™t looked into how that works on Android yet.

Noticed something else todayā€¦ if I bring up the OSD and then choose a channel to change to it just dumps me back to the Guide instead of changing channels.

1 Like

Also just downloaded the newest update, and jumping commercials work! Thanks! Some sort of OSD to show the markers would be nice (helps to show if comskip didnā€™t work), but not sure if itā€™s possible.

Confirmed and fixed, thanks.

Agreed, but the progress bar doesnā€™t allow much customization so Iā€™ll probably have to create my own from scratch.

1 Like

Ok, thanks.

The Nexus Player now works, both Live & Recorded. Thanks so much.:grin:

1 Like

Awesome!

18 posts were split to a new topic: NEW: FireTV app for Channels DVR (experimental)

v1.0.16 is out:

• Filter selection for On Now is remembered
  • Double-click ff media remote button to skip commercial
  • OSD buttons to navigate commercial markers
  • In-player channel switcher works again

Any work being done on live channels integration?

Not at this time.

Uploaded v1.0.17 with preliminary support for the Mi Box

Uploaded v1.0.18 to both Amazon and Play store beta.

This build has improved support for the Mi Box, with support for hardware mpeg2/h264 decoding.

Unfortunately the Mi Box isnā€™t powerful enough to buffer the stream onto local disk, so the buffering happens on the DVR server. This means it can take a few seconds for live tv playback to start.

With hardware decoding now enabled, the Mi Box should be able to play 1080i 60fps channels very well with full deinterlacing.

cc @krblgc if you want to try it

2 Likes

Also uploaded v1.0.19. Adds a spinner while the video is loading. Fixed in-player channel switching on the Mi Box, and some small UI tweaks to the left-hand bar.

@tmm1

It works! Nice. I now have an alternative in watching live tv in android tv. I was using the built-in android tv live tv app.

I notice some choppiness but itā€™s probably the wifi or the mibox. Thereā€™s no ethernet port on the mibox so wireless is the only option. Unless i go for usb wifi adapter but thatā€™s another expense.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

I split out a new thread for FireTV feedback and discussion, to avoid confusion here. NEW: FireTV app for Channels DVR (experimental)

Uploaded v1.0.20 to Play Store with a new setting screen. Thereā€™s a new option to enable 5.1 audio playback. I donā€™t have a 5.1 audio setup on my shield, so I didnā€™t get to test it very thoroughly. Please let me know how it works.

1 Like