New Apple TV 4K hardware!

So … how long to recreate it from scratch? Can you be done by morning? :smile:

2 Likes

I can’t seem to figure out the jog (in general not channels). What is it that you click?

I figured it out. I think I might have a hardware issue with mine. If I make a full circular motion it goes back and forth. Like the bottom sense is mounted backwards.

You have to pause, hold until the cursor on the screen turns into a little circle.

1 Like

I’m jogging on channels right now. Pause without holding, and jog from 6 o’clock to 9 o’clock to jog left and job from 6 to 3 o’clock to job to the right.

I understand it’s like a pause swipe, but it’s a jog!

Finally got it to work. For some reason my little jog circle wasn’t coming up. Now it suddenly works flawlessly without changing anything I’m doing.

I have found that I have to touch-and-hold the left/right of the new remote before the jumps will work. I cannot just click the left or right of the new remote, that will do nothing. Is it possible to get the click to immediately react with a jump and not need the touch-and-hold gesture first?

Video:

It works in the beta. Not in the official app yet.

v4.5.5 will be available from the App Store with the fix shortly.

2 Likes

Leaving this here in case anyone has a similar issue: with my older Apple TV 4K paired with the new remote, I needed a complete restart before the left/right buttons worked in Channels even with the latest beta.

2 Likes

Ah yes thank you. Restart makes it work for me now.

Official update now available for me

1 Like

Very weird, a restart fixed it at first but after a while they stopped working. I restarted again and the side clicks work again. I think I'm on a tvOS beta, not sure if that affects it. I submitted diagnostics.

1 Like

I’m on standard tvOS. Seems ok today anyway

Just got the update. Works perfectly. Very pleased. Two thumbs up. Five stars. WAF is safe. Very pleased.

1 Like

I’m running the latest DVR App, rebooted the ATV 4Kv2, and still have a mixed level of success with the left and right clicks on the new remote. MOST of the time they do absolutely nothing and on rare occasion they work properly.

Anyone else? Any suggestions? And diagnostic data I can provide?

1 Like

After another day of usage I am finding the left and right skip buttons stop working from time to time. Restarting Apple TV fixes the issue.

1 Like

I've seen that as well and it seems like an OS bug. Maybe fixed in tvOS 14.6 that came out this morning?

Ok. Didn’t know that was out. Will update and test more. Thanks.

nope

New TestFlight build coming with possible fix.

The issue seems to be related to usage of the iOS Remote.app. If that has been used recently before the app is launched, it breaks the Siri Remote dpad. That should be fixed in the latest beta.

1 Like

The new fix is available on the App Store as v4.5.6

2 Likes