NFL Network "Cable provider authentication failed" December 2022

This is what would constitute a ticket, otherwise they won't know what the submitted logs are about.

1 Like

I'm pretty sure this is the issue :frowning:

This has already been discussed above:

FYI, I couldn't get that same method to work with PBS because of the DRM, so that again tells me that the NFL Network stream is not DRM.

The logs are all screaming a change in the authentication method.

1 Like

Oh, OK thanks. Sorry, I am not a dev and don't claim to be. lol

I just saw that under the logs and thought it may help.

Usually the Developers are right on it, have they responded to your official ticket yet? (I'm thinking we wouldn't all need to open a ticket)

But... Nobody watches the NFL this time of year, right? :grin:

I would think that more data points are better. Appears not everyone is having the issue.

You should all post the following;

Can you authenticate and stream from their website https://www.nfl.com/watch/channel/nflnetwork

Who is your Provider

What error message you see in Rescan Channels for the NFL channel

Submit diagnostic logs from the DVR web UI
Settings > Support > Troubleshooting > Submit Diagnostic Logs
and post the diagnostic logs ID displayed
"Logs have been submitted as xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx"

Some troubleshooting tips are available at these links

Support Articles

Sticky post
TVE Troubleshooting Tips

No, haven't heard from @tmm1, @maddox, or @eric about this one yet. Not trying to push buttons about it, either.

To be fair, we've gotten one report of working still (although I'd like to hear more to get some data points on what is different). Not exactly a scientific poll, but something is amiss.

Could be this

Does anyone know how often the NFL channel has to re-auth?
I don't get it with Xfinity.

I am getting context cancelled on FIOS

for the past several weeks, i had to rescan NFLN because it wouldn't work...i guess it needed to be re-authenticated

All from iPhone: Using YTTV credentials, I can authenticate on nfl.com but unable to do so in Channels. Error message is Cable provider authentication failed

Logs have been submitted as d26d2ce1-0f94-42bf-89c9-54c57e5e6df6 .

1 Like

At your advice, I have opened a support case. I really didn't want to be a nuisance if they already had several of you with open cases, but we'll see if they can use my additional info...

1. Yes, I can authenticate and watch via browser.
  2. Provider=Spectrum
  3. Error: Cable provider authentication failed.

Same type of problem for me. I just sent a support email with log and description.

• Hulu Live
  • Able to authenticate on NFLN website
  • Re-scan or removing/re-adding source produces error "invalid token resp" for NFLN

Mine is still working with FuboTV, however, I was unable to get it to authorize when I tried to add it to one of my other VM channels installs that I use to feed my main one. That tells me that once my authorization is up I will be in the same boat as everyone else. Another way to watch the games tomorrow is to add the NFL app (mine are all Apple TV's) and use your credentials to authenticate. Mine is working that way.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to do this test, it is very informative!

Also having issues authenticating in the channels app with Directv. No problem watching through the website. Unfortunate timing with there being 3 games on the NFL network today. Seems like the NFL Network has a pretty buggy implementation of its feed which has to be annoying for the devs.

Same problem here...

Provider: Hulu Live
Channels Release: 2022.12.12.0138
Channels Error: Cable provide authentication failed
NFL.com: Working fine with Hulu credentials

working fine with Optimum and Fios. never, ever had a problem with the nfl network. please dont break it for me when you try to fix it for them! :wink:

I have FIOS and am having issues.

Hulu Live, mine seems to be redirecting to authenticate with Hulu via email code. I don’t know if there is a way for me to remote control Channels’ web browser beyond viewing the error_screenshot.png.