Non-Docker source for PlutoTV and Stirr m3u playlists and EPG

Under Guide Database in the webUI:

CleanShot 2021-11-07 at 08.28.15

1 Like

Great, I missed that there! Thanks.

Ok, that did the trick to clear out the bad data.

I think the custom channel # link above will work now.

But if you change the starting number, you may have to delete and rebuild the database as Fofer indicated above.

2 Likes

Your non-docker solution is a thing-of-beauty for those of us who's Windows system really hates docker (always have problems). I know this is a big ask..... Would it be possible to do the same for frndlytv.com?

Since that's a paid service, I'm not sure how that would work.

Thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

Ok, I'll look into that later. Seems like if I can do that, it opens me up for theft of services and everyone could use those links without paying. At least with the Docker instance, all the requests are coming from your IP address. I haven't looked into it much to see how their account authentication works. .

1 Like

Also, I have custom channel numbers working for Stirr. Use this link for the M3U URL:

https://nocords.xyz/stirr/custom.php?start=100

i.e. start Stirr channel numbers at 100-- replace with whatever number you want. I have no idea what Channels will do if you have Pluto and Stirr with overlapping channel numbers. Anyone willing to try that, let us know. :grin:

I've also added a new feature if you use this custom link. I've replaced all the 'white-on-white' Stirr Channel logos so they are now color-on-white like this and much more readable in the Channels Guide.

From this:

To this:

When I have a chance, I'll migrate this to the nocords.xyz Stirr playlust.m3u link.

2 Likes

Ok, I looked into this.. you have to pass your USERNAME and PASSWORD as parameters into the Docker instance and then it runs a local web server to host the M3U file on demand.

The code is written in Python, and while I can make out what's going on, I'm not a Python coder.

I could probably convert the code to run on-demand on my web server and take userid/pw as URL parameters, or I could re-write the entire thing in PHP or NodeJS, but either one of those methods would take a considerable amount of my time to make happen.

With PlutoTV and Stirr it was relatively straightforward and we had a large number of people here would could immediately benefit. But unless someone is willing to pay for my time to do it for frndlytv.com, it's just not in the cards. Sorry.

2 Likes

Pluto is working perfect.
Stirr re-numbered the channels correctly but I am no longer getting guide data? I reset the guide database.
Is the epg "https://nocords.xyz/stirr/epg.xml" or "https://sqrl.ws/stirr/stirr.php?epg". Those were the two I tried without success.

1 Like

Please don’t use the sqrl links anymore.

I saw the same thing but even when I reset to the standard links there still wasn’t any guide data.

I completely understand, thanks for taking a look at it.

1 Like

I found the problem with Stirr, and it's been fixed. You can just reload the M3U file and it should work. If that doesn't work, just delete and rebuild the EPG.

2 Likes

Did I break the thread?

You broke it! Haha.
If I scroll slowly I can see the last several posts. I can't like your Stirr fix post however. Thanks.

Definitely something is broken. The page is throwing a javascript error in the console "t.get is not a function".

And if I scroll very slowly, there are three posts from today in an endless loop starting at around post 130.. until I get to the end and the site starts throwing the javascript error in the console. So something is definitely broken!

Sorry for the trouble @maddox and @tmm1 !

Something weird is going on with this thread, the last few posts are showing as blank for me? I've tried multiple browsers and devices. Anyone else? Can anyone see this?

1 Like

Scroll slowly starting at about post #120.

It didn't work at all on my phone, only pc.

Why are post invisible ?

Looks like it’s working again now.