Non-Docker source for PlutoTV and Stirr m3u playlists and EPG

@paladintom If that does not work, go down to Guide Database, click on the maintenance gear button and choose “Delete and Recreate Database”

Post a screenshot of the settings for your Pluto source. That will let us see if there are any issues with your settings.

My feed for Pluto doesn't have TNT (your screenshot ch 51).
It has Pluto TV Spotlight

You should select;
Options: Ignore channel number from M3U
to let Channels DVR assign channel numbers so no sources have overlapping channel numbers.
Options: Prefer channel logos from M3U.
to get the channel icons from Pluto

they are now thumbnails and the electronic program guide that I have inpluto just gives general category or just name a program, no details. Therefore I am assuming electronic program guide data is not being downloaded, is that correct?
if so, how do I correct this problem?
please frame your response from the perspective of a non-geek person.

1 Like

What is your setting for Refresh Guide Data for Pluto? Here’s mine:

I am getting the following errors now;

2023/05/09 15:17:27.406157 [ERR] Failed to download XMLTV-PlutoTV: xmltv fetch: 403 Forbidden
2023/05/09 15:17:27.442131 [ERR] Failed to download XMLTV-StirrTV: xmltv fetch: 403 Forbidden

The files both download fine with valid Data using Chrome. Suggestions please?

1 Like

Are you going through any kind of VPN?

PIA is a known issue as a VPN provider.

Source: Me. :unamused:

I am. It's my own OpenVPN through my own server. Will look at that as the issue. Thanks for the suggestion!

Also, I'm looking through the logs for nocords.xyz, and a number of people have typos in their setups for pluto or stirr:

Please make the following corrections in the URLs:

EPC.xml -> epg.xml
epg.xm -> epg.xml
peg.xml -> epg.xml
epg.xml.gz -> epg.xml
epg.m3u -> epg.xml (or maybe playlist.m3u, I can't tell what they're doing here)

And make sure there is NO trailing space after the URL in the Channels settings. This gets converted to %20 and causes a 404 (not found) error. Perhaps @tmm1 can trim these fields for trailing blanks?

1 Like

Also, on the server, I'm not seeing ANY 403 errors. So it's either something local blocking your access, or something at Cloudflare rejecting access from some VPNs.

2 Likes

Yes, blocked.

Try turning off your VPN or whitelisting nocords.xyz.

I can access when re-routing off the VPN but then cannot access Channels remotely then. Need the VPN for remote access to my server when travelling for work. Cloudflare is clearly blocking the VPN. Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

I access my home network via VPN when traveling, but it's a direct connection to a VPN server on my network (Firewalla Blue).

And before that (for at least 15 years), I was running DD-WRT on several different routers that did the same thing.

There are many ways to do this without relying on an outside provider or network. Just FYI.

I understand, but the VPN remotely is for redundancy and is in our location, but on a different connection (DSL rather than Cable). Cloudflare insists it is not blocking our IP but rather the customer. No worries. I can make without. Thank you again!

Any notice any issues with streaming Pluto in Channels of it just freezing, showing the timeline bar, and the spinning circle in it? I click left or right and it resumes, but then freezes again. Recordings are fine, only live is issue.

This is happening alot and during the "We will be back" Pluto screen after the show ends and before the new show is on.

This is happening on my Nvidia Shield tube modal, wired ethernet. Channel 1120 Judge Judy channel. (my mother is watching this channel all day and complaining to me of this issue, i have observed it my self) I have watched for hours other Pluto channels, and not had the issue, but i use a Apple Tv.

EDIT: I am seeing this in the server logs...
2023/06/01 20:38:58.832390 [TNR] Cancelling stream M3U-Pluto ch1120 after no data was received for 2m0s
2023/06/01 20:38:58.966082 [SNR] Buffer statistics for 192.168.0.11 (Bedroom TV) for ch1120 The Judge Judy Channel: buf=0% drop=0%
2023/06/01 20:40:05.429078 [SNR] Buffer statistics for 192.168.0.11 (Bedroom TV) for ch1120 The Judge Judy Channel: buf=0% drop=0%
2023/06/01 20:40:05.463971 [TNR] Closed connection to M3U-Pluto for ch1120 The Judge Judy Channel

Weird. I am playing the channel no issue on my apple tv.

You are not alone....I'm seeing the same intermittently. Maybe Pluto is having some capacity issues with the roll-out of the Google Free Live channels with Pluto (that's not TVE, but who knows how their servers are configured).

Cool news. I'm curious to know if/when these two will come over via nocords.xyz too? Do we have to do anything, or is it automatic? @HankLloydRight

As far as I know it should be automatic as the source is Pluto.

The Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune Pluto channel id's don't appear in the Pluto API (yet).
I think Matt got the channel id's (you can see them on the Pluto website) and used them for his playlist.
https://pluto.tv/en/live-tv/625f04253e5f6c000708f3b7/details
https://pluto.tv/en/live-tv/625f054c5dfea70007244612/details