OliveTin for Channels: An Interface for Misc Channels DVR Scripts & Tricks

I'm hoping maybe something jumps out at you:

Hmm. Aside from a line about using "Rosetta for x86_64/amd emulation" (because I'm on an M1 Mac mini, not Intel) my settings look the same as yours, but I do have "Enable background SBOM indexing" enabled. You may want to try that?

@Curtis Not having the Rosetta emulation option showing -- given you said your Mac Mini has an Apple chip, makes me wonder about your Docker Desktop installation. Is it possible you somehow installed the amd64 version of Docker Desktop (via Rosetta) rather than the arm64 version? Not sure how to check that, but maybe somebody else knows if it's possible first, and how to check second.

You mentioned having problems with Docker Desktops updates as well, no?

In the /Applications folder, select Docker Desktop. Then go to File → Get Info (or just press Command-I) and you'll get a window that reveals what type of app it is:

In the other thread that it was an i5 6-core 2018 Mac mini. Intel silicon. I didn't see where I posted it was an Apple chip, so my apologies if I did.

New bnhf/olivetin:latest (aka bnhf/olivetin:2024.10.01) pushed today with support for creating a Channel Collection based on the channels in one or more sources. This is courtesy of some more fine work from @mjitkop -- so, many thanks to him!

screenshot-htpc6-2024_10_01-11_19_03

1 Like

I did get it working with Portainer.

1 Like

screenshot-htpc6-2024_10_01-11_19_03

A couple of notes about the input collection_name:

• It is required when you provide more than one source

• You can leave it blank if you provide only one source. In this case, the collection will be named after the source

The OliveTin WebUI doesn't allow blank fields -- so it must always be specified currently. I'll do some more work next time around to have a default dummy entry, that can be stripped in the script. But, for now, an entry is always required for collection_name, which of course can be the same as the source name.

2 Likes

Understood. Thank you for the clarification. :slight_smile:

This thread is long, and release announcements get lost among all posts.

I think it would be nice to have a dedicated thread just for OliveTin release announcements.

I'm the only one who seems to have reacted to today's release announcement, given the fact that I knew it was coming. :grin:

Either people didn't notice it or nobody cares. :laughing:

Believe me, @mjitkop, I noticed, and do care. My wife and I are nursing our critically ill doggie, and DVR stuff has taken a back seat lately. I'll give your Channel Collection tool a whirl when I find a chance. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks, @jsfullam. :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear about your poor dog. :frowning:

I understand priorities. Family comes first.
Do what you need to do and take care! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I saw it and it's another great addition.
Unfortunately I have yet to get OliveTin fully operational on my end. Just haven't had time to do the troubleshooting lately.

2 Likes

@mjitkop BTW, I used your new "Create Channel Collection from Sources" script today (via the OliveTin Action of course :slight_smile:) to update my primary viewing collection. Something I've been meaning to do for a while, and your script made it super-duper easy. Very cool and useful tool -- love it!

1 Like

New bnhf/olivetin:latest (aka bnhf/olivetin:2024.10.02) pushed this morning. This includes several nice updates to the new Create Channel Collection from Sources script by @mjitkop.

2 Likes

Fun fact: even though I've written scripts that are used in OliveTin now, I'm in the same situation as you since I don't have OliveTin working either! :laughing:

I'll give it another try probably over the holidays.

Thank you. It's always rewarding to know that something I did is actually helpful to others. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks a lot, @bnhf, for helping with testing it!

2 Likes

I've just tested out your script via OliveTin, and it worked well. Very exciting development, thanks for sharing it. Much appreciated!

2 Likes

So, now that our little Mina is fairly stable for the time being, I tested your Channel Collection Tool in Olivetin. That works pretty slick and easy. Thank you!

I use the fix thumbnails script in OliveTin and it seems to be working except a small percentage of my videos end up with a black thumbnail.

I assume the script is based on the work by @maddox so maybe I should post the question over there.

Any ideas of what is going on here?