On-screen "What's Next" button

I find these buttons useless and annoying why not have a Simple Setting to enable "Play Next" without the button... if some want a button then have a setting for that.

2 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

In beta 107.30.1735 fast-forward is even worse in my Insignia 24". Pressing my remote's FF button now just skips forward 30 seconds. There is one improvement: the "What's Next" button does not appear when I'm trying to fast-forward. But the actual FF behavior is worse.

And as noted in previous post the "What's Next" button appears at the start and end of each show, often suggesting an old unwatched episode of a news show which is confusing to the average user, and blocking view of the new show's chyron which is annoying and has more than once caused non-technical users here to accidentally exit the show completely while trying to dismiss the button, so I again request a way to disable this feature.

Beta 108.5.1504: my remote's FF button does only Seek as described above. If I hold the button down, "What's Next" pops up and I cannot fast-forward. If I first hit Rewind, I can then fast-forward further but eventually it pauses in either direction. This is on my Insignia 24". On all devices, for some users dismissing "What's Next" with the Back button frequently results in completely exiting the show by accident.

Beta 108.16.2143: no improvement of FF on my Insignia 24".

In all versions on all devices, lately the "What's Next" button offers the episode I am currently watching.

I know this happens when there are no other recordings in the library. Not sure if it happens when other recordings in the library are marked watched. Do you have any other recordings in the librar?

Yes there are plenty of recordings in the library, older and newer, watched and unwatched. But my impression is that this feature only looks in the same folder (show). When I watch the newest recording in the folder, and all but one of the older episodes in that folder are watched, then it offers me the same show I am already watching.

In the last few days I've had the what's next button appearing when I'm trying to fast forward, it plays havoc with the fast forward functionality.

It's Android TV. v3.5.2

Thanks for the report! Do you know if that started when the client updated to 3.5.2, or some time afterwards? What brand of Android device(s)?

I'm not sure if it was when the client updated sorry.

It's a Sony Bravia Android TV.

Thanks!

Thanks! I'm having the same problem with one of my Insignia "Fire TV Edition" TV sets (which is also Android, basically).

@tmm1 I'm sensing a trend here. Is there an upcoming beta we should try?

@tmm1 is there any update on this? It makes it impossible to skip through the ads.

What I've also just noticed is that it doesn't seem to be skipping 30 seconds at a time, it shows 30sec, but I can press it 3 to 4 times and I'm still in the same 30 second ad.

This often happens when the time stamps for the inserted commercials don't match the time stamps for the programming. Essentially it's a corruption of the stream the Channels received, and the player gets confused. You can try fixing time stamps in the web UI, or just let troublesome commercial play through.

(The thing to note is that this is not a bug, but rather a problem with the source content. Also, it tends to happen more frequently with TVE sources, but I've experienced this with cable sources; also, I've experienced this with software other than Channels, too.)

Not sure that's the situation there. I'm seeing the same problem too. Not consistently, but very often, on different programs recorded from different channels, and only on the TV set that has the other FF/skip problems reported above.

@Damon_Coursey which Bravia model exactly? I only see these problems on an Insignia 24" set but not on an Insignia 50" set nor on a standard Fire TV Stick. On that 24" set the Channels DVR client app also builds up memory problems over time that cause video freezing and require a hard reboot of the set to clear, though the problem can be delayed by reducing the bitrate.

My wife has gone back to using TiVo with that TV set, sorry to say.

I'm not sure if I've experienced it with a fully recorded program. I've definitely noticed it while watching a program that is still recording (and therefore no commercial detection has occurred)

I'm seeing it on two different models

Sony KD-55X8500E
Sony KD-49X7500F

Mismatched/incorrect timestamps have nothing to do with commercial detection. It is more about the provider inserting commercials that have a different time base than the program content.

Do you see the "What's Next" message popping up while you're struggling with that 30-second skip? Or only during other Fast-Forward issues?

And regardless, let's be clear for anyone skimming this thread: those TVs are experiencing more FF problems that are clearly related to the "What's Next" feature.

I only have the 30 second skip option in terms of fast forwarding. Unless there is another way to fast forward that I'm not aware of :slightly_smiling_face: