PBS Feeds

Thanks this helped quite a bit.

Hope you are viewing it now.. but better to keep the url off the net..or it will dissapear

3 Likes

noted.

1 Like

My docker install quits unexpectedly quite frequently.

1 Like

I tried a bunch of the new suggestions above and couldn't really get them to work correctly with Channels. What it came down to were the good 'ol standbys of Chrome Capture for Channels and ADB Tuner. If you are using the former, here's the link:

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="PBS ({YOUR CALL LETTERS HERE})",PBS ({YOUR CALL LETTERS HERE})
chrome://localhost:5589/stream?url=https://player.pbs.org/ga-livestream-portalplayer

You'll only get the option for a single station, so if you have access to multiple ones like I do, you'll have to pick which one you want (per device). The first time you launch, be sure to open a second tab for pbs.org and select that station.

Also, just a heads up: when the station launches, it looks like it is not going to play, but if you wait about 20 seconds it does start automatically.

If you need Closed Captions, go into full-screen mode (hit F11) and select the CC icon in the lower right corner:

Just a heads up that Close Captions are either on or off; you can't choose on your TV.

2 Likes

If anyone has figured out how to link-up the com.pbs.org package using ADBTuner, please pass it along.

Thanks.

PBS uses "com.pbs.video" for Android. Unfortunately the app does't respond to www.pbs.org/live or the player.pbs.org URLs, while the pbsvideo:// scheme requires you to use some specific "code_callback" parameters.

Pretty straightforward ah4c project (I'm documenting it here for myself as well :slight_smile:):

packageLaunch=".ui.main.activities.StartupActivity"
packageName="com.pbs.video"

And, to "tune" to the single live channel:

input keyevent KEYCODE_DPAD_CENTER
input keyevent KEYCODE_DPAD_CENTER

Thanks, ADBTuner can't do this right?

That's correct. This type of tuning is not part of ADBTuner's design, as it's intended to be used with deep links -- what we're doing in my example is remote control emulation to select the live stream.

If you could find a way to use localnow with that, you may have more success piping in PBS with that instead

Also in the Providence area and not happy with that last repack. Channel 2 and 44 were our favorite stations with excellent quality. Can't get the HD versions any more since they moved to the low band so have to settle for the SD version which is UHF channel 32, 573.25 mhz. At certain times of the day, around sunset now, they can be glitchy and weather can be an issue. I'm using a DB4 roof top antenna pointed at their tower 30 deg from here. Did some amp tweeking today because i was also having worse issues with 36 providence, Too much boost to get Boston most likely, so will have to see in the next few days. I have 3 HDHRs, 2 older and 1 newer Duo. I like the older ones better. Been researching antennas but feel like i'm between a rock and a hard place with it, gain some, lose some.

FWIW I had an update this morning to vlc-bridge-pbs docker image and all 4 of my local PBS channels
are working again . YMMV

Working here in Colorado again too.

I will be testing my PBS channels here shortly but i did get the same update.

Not mine unfortunately.

Did you pull the new image released this morning?

Watchtower had not updated it, manually did and have the vlc pbs bridge back working. Yay.

Got all my PBS stations back today. What is strange is that according to Gitlab, there has been no change to the file since 11 months ago. So if its the same file, then???