Playback stops after around 10-15mins

I've been having an issue on all my fire tv devices (firestick 4k) where after 10-15mins playback gets stuck. I have to go back and start streaming the channel again in order for it to work again. Not to mention sometimes the stuttering on the streams. HDHomeRun logs don't really suggest much is going wrong.

I have tried with both software and hardware decoding. Software decoding seems to make the issue drag out a longer than the hardware decoder.

I have 2 HDHomeRun CONNECT 2 tuner (Old silver style) tuners.

If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks

When this happens please go to Settings -> Support -> Submit Diagnostic Logs from your device and let us know when it's been submitted so we can have a better idea of what was going on.

I'm a brand new Channels user (3 days). I started having this issue on day two, but only with my FireTV device (the rectangle box with a direct Ethernet plug in - not the cube). The 4K stick seems to be alright so far. I'm running two HD PRIME turners. I also have streaming channels available through my cable provider (FIOS) - the streaming channels do not freeze, the ones coming through the tuner boxes do freeze after 10-15 minutes.

I worked out that this was to do with my wireless network set up using mesh. When using the SSID that handled both 2.4 and 5.0ghz signals i'm guessing as signals switched about the client disconnected from the stream. I made each mesh wifi point have a unique ssid (for both frequencies) and connected directly to it. this solved it. hope this might help..

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind for the wireless connections. In this instance I'm hard wired.... but it is through a powerline connection....... I'll see if I'm losing packets. Thanks for the thought! Never would have considered this as an issue.

OTA broadcasts require significantly more bandwidth than TVE sources, so that might explain the discrepancy. It would definitely be great to see if you’re losing packets to the client or see increased latency at the time of the issue. Power line is susceptible to noise on the power line that can drastically reduce throughput.

Powerline + HDHR does NOT work well in our experience.

Makes sense.... only the HD Primes are giving me fits.... the streaming sites play fine. Thank you!

Check out Moca 2.0 adapters. They bridge your network over your coax and work wayyyy more reliably. They’re way faster too.

Thanks! I'm running Moca 2.5 adapters for the rest of the house.... this one TV doesn't have a cable/ ethernet port, making it a bit harder to reach with a physical connection. I'm actually really impressed with how well new Moca devices work.