Plex Live TV Channels M3U?

What address do I put in my custom channel? Docker is running under port 7710. Thanks.

The IP address on your local network of the machine on which you installed Docker.

If Docker is installed on the same machine where Channels DVR is also running, use the IP adress 127.0.0.1.

Heads up: under the "compatible" listings it is showing links for include/exclude to the non-compatible:

When I put it in manually, though, it does work as expected anyway.

2 Likes

Specifically what does your m3u look like? I have a handful of containers running for Channels, and of course they use the ip (and port # of container) of the Docker machine, but each m3u is a little different.

Hehe good ol copy paste in the HTML error :slight_smile:
Thanks will correct

1 Like

Gonna answer your question with a question. What is it you are looking for? Something specific in the EXTINF meta data? I mean if you are just curious then please feel free to run the docker and open up what is generated. However if there is a specific need or problem (such as matching channel-id for scripting like in the case @babsonnexus presented, I’d be happy to look it over and possibly update the code)

1 Like

Simply asking what is the m3u address I need to put into the custom channel. I ended up using the first one in post number 63, but I am not getting any guide data. The container is running and I get 533 channels. Thanks.

1 Like

You can use the custom EPG links located on the first page
Screenshot 2024-02-15 104527

Thanks. It is working now. To help others, what first page do you mean? The first POST in this thread? I don't see the links there. Is there a link to Github? Thanks again!

@joagomez, I noticed the Plex guide data was not loading and, upon attempting a manual reload, saw this in the Channels logs:

[ERR] No stations available in lineup XMLTV-Plex after guide data download: XML syntax error on line 81124: illegal character code U+0008

Looking at the XML Guide Data file, I saw that line 81124 had this character:

Switched guide data to i.mjh.nz and it loaded no issue. When I looked at the similar record, sure enough it did not have that character:

Seems to be filtering out.

2 Likes

Uh huh, that's why I said:

Letting them know about another issue I encountered, okay?

FYI @joagomez Not seeing this issue using the GitHub docker and the Gracenote-only m3u (334 channels)

Thanks for the info. I am totally revamping how I pull EPG data for Plex, but have been under the weather so may take some time for resolution.

FYI, getting an EPG XML error in logs:

Failed to get placeholder channels for lineup XMLTV-Plex: XML syntax error on line 80766: illegal character code U+0008

Pulling the EPG, that reference line shows this entry:

<programme channel="5e20b730f2f8d5003d739db7-60d4ede2b2fdec002c14113b" start="20240220064840 +0000" stop="20240220071715 +0000">
     <title>TREASURE MAP</title>
     <sub-title>TREASURE MAP: S2 E5</sub-title>
     <episode-num system="onscreen">S02E05</episode-num>
     <desc>TREASURE's wise dorm life | Come In~</desc>
     <icon src="https://provider-static.plex.tv/epg/cms/production/e9933418-5431-46d2-8db7-aad6e60bf7bc/YG_TV_Plex_Channel_Image_2000x3000.jpg" />
     <date>20210604</date>
     <category>Music</category>
   </programme>

unicode character that is not XML friendly at the beginning of the "desc" tag

This is the same issue noted earlier by @babsonnexus.
The json data pulled by plex has an illegal backspace character in it and I am not doing any checks currently to ensure the string is valid xml as I assumed it would already be valid. Live and learn…will add additional validation checks in the next version

1 Like

Uploaded version 1.06 which hopefully corrects many of the issues on how the EPG data was being generated.

Also did some cleanup to by default use only the local IP geolocation. An env variable has been added to utilize other geolocations. This was in effort to reduce the amount of API calls being done to generate the EPG data which was either causing some 429 errors and/or XML load time issues (which was also improved to slowly create several days of EPG data instead of trying to bulk load which caused more of these issues). And hopefully the invalid character function that has been added catches the XML invalid characters as expected

4 Likes

Tried pulling the new image but it's still reporting v1.03 updated last on 2/11/24.

Are you doing it through command line?
I had to physically delete the container and run the command exactly as instructed including the port number etc.
I went into Channels and changed it to where gracenot included channels were sorted just as we do with Frndly docker.
I had the same issue on my end.

1 Like