Pluto for Channels

OK so I cannot use a Docker as my computer is older and version does not support latest. DO I need a docker? sorry so new to all of this

No, no docker, use the 2 links just above your last post, the us.m3u8 and us.xml

3 hour guide refresh

wow great thank you!!! Can I record with this?

Also do Need to change the Provider under settings?

Yes you can record. That is it. It should work. At least until the person that maintains it quits doing it like the techzyon person did.

Of course it would be way better to use the docker pluto supported here. It would be nice if they did Stirr too.

This was created and graciously shared months ago, works great:

Thanks. I'll check it out.

I had major problems with Pluto recordings until I switched to the Docker method, fyi.

1 Like

Same here. Those shared links may be easy to set up, but their channels time out all the time. I think too many people might be using them at the same time or something? Not worth it. The docker method is rock solid and works great!

2 Likes

I had this same issue as my Channels Server is sitting on a VERY old Windows laptop. However, you do not need the Docker running on the same machine so long as you can reference it on network (by name or IP address). I now have my Pluto and Stirr Dockers running on a Raspberry Pi, but it could be any machine that can run it, really.

2 Likes

@eh750channels, thanks for liking my post...

but I will say that the docker setup on my end has been much more solid lately. Same hardware and settings. Don't know exactly why but just commenting on my experience.

I had issues with Channels updating Pluto guide data timely.
I ended up using a couple scheduled tasks and it's been working great.

1 Like

I just started playing with Pluto for Channels. How would I go about customizing what is in those feeds?

There's no customization. The comment you quoted is regarding a feature that lets you create multiple feeds of the Pluto channels/schedules. This is required since you can't share the same feed with multiple people as they have to be unique.

So it is just the same feed going to multiple people. Got it. Thanks

Apologies if I’m missing something, but the point of using the Pluto for Channels Docker is so you have your own personal m3u that you don’t share with anybody else. That’s what Maddox is referring to. There are public versions you can find on the internet but they don’t work well due to the sharing issue.

And that's why the Pluto for Docker supports generating multiple feeds. So that you can host multiple unique feeds with a single instance. In case you want to help someone out.

2 Likes

Got it working on my Terramaster TNAS docker. However, I cannot get subtitles. tested on some movies channels. Anybody else has this issue?

I'm pretty sure that CC is not enabled for pluto channels. At least the way that channels is receiving them...

1 Like

Correct. Most (if not all) Pluto content does not include closed captioning.