Pluto TV Docker Help

I favored the 007 channel. I can see it on my favorites view on grid. But when I go to search and click on upcoming movies. None of the movies show up there for the 007 channel.

If I do a search it comes up. Just not in the predefined categories of “Upcoming Movies”.

This behavior is in the web ui and iOS clients.

I just choose that channel for the sake of testing.

I believe those options shown on the Search page—as well as the On Later page in the web UI—are generated when the guide updates. You may need to either force a guide update, or wait until tomorrow morning when it runs.

The data is all live from the guide database, not generated or cached during updates.

There may be some info missing from xmltv causing it not to populate some predefined searches.

Are you sure you favorited the channel on the dvr web UI?

Yes.

I can search, but does not show up by itself in the upcoming movies section.

The xmltv movie issue is fixed in v2020.11.29.1613

You will need to click Redownload XMLTV under Pluto

1 Like

Except I am running channels DVR on my Mac Mini and not necesarilly want to have another instance in Docker.
Nowadays looks everyone wants to use docker for anything :frowning:

You have 38 instances of tvheadend in order to get the the Japanese toaster channel and countless other things to watch tv from anywhere in the world, but one light docker container is too much?

In that case, just use the other m3u link in the m3u thread :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Is anyone willing to help get the Pluto TV setup on a WD PR2100 w/OS 5? I have Docker / Portainer.io installed, but don't know what to do from there. I'm kinda clueless on this NAS stuff.

Yes because if I need to have 1.6GB Mac App just to download like I don't know 100MB image just for download 2MB EPG and few KB of m3u then there is definitely something wrong by desing.
I extracted scripts from docker and run it natively on my server. However my VPS is located in germany and for some reason pluto API gives me now German lineup :expressionless: So if anyone intrested in german lineup for now check here
I probably abandon it altogether with Stirr, too much work then it's worth it.

and for the record I never used in my life tvheadend so not sure where you get info about 38 instances. as a matter of fact TVHeadend webpage seems to be no longer updated and build info displays "failing" so...

....So sarcasm doesn’t exist in Poland?

Do what you like.

Not exist with our current government and threats of PolExit

1 Like
  • have installed docker desktop (win10) then it tells me I need to load a kernel Image so I download Ubuntu within Windows but still get same error.. Any chance for a detailed step by step walk though (I get it if not , just asking )

Hard to know without a screenshot of the exact error message.

Perhaps you need to do this: BETA: Custom Channels via M3U Playlists

You need to Install WSL 2 ...

Docker Desktop WSL 2 backend | Docker Documentation

Get it here ...
Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) on Windows 10 | Microsoft Docs

1 Like

Another step-by-step guide...

1 Like

I have docker running now no problem, your image runs and says both files are written, but I can not locate the files.

http://ip_of_windows_withDocker:8080

Here's the instructions: https://github.com/maddox/pluto-for-channels#set-up

1 Like

I am just about there.. everything is working, but I can not seem to figure out how to retrieve (read) the two files (m3u and epg)