PREVIEW: Library Collections and Virtual Channels (v2021.07.16.2141)

That works perfect. Thanks!

In the latest build you can now set a smart rule for a Virtual Channel.

For example you can set it to favorited=true to make a channel of your favorite episodes and movies.

See:

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Feature Road Map?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Feature Road Map?

This works great. Once you get the bug where it resets to Season 1 Episode 1 on the daily guide refresh when TV Shows are in order fixed I will be all set. Thanks for all the work!

I might have missed this somewhere, but is there a way for a Virtual Channel to respect the order manually set in a Collection?

1 Like

That’s super cool and really smart :slight_smile: If this functionality could be added to Collections too, it would address my issue above. if I’m understanding it correctly, it would allow for the inclusion of individual favorites, without needing UI for us to add them each manually.

What version is this in? I’m on 2021.08.07.1500 and I see the drop down for virtual channels to creat a smart rule. However, when I click it I still get the regular content picker. Have tried on safari on an iPad and edge on windows with the same results. Maybe I’m missing something?

It looks similar but is not the same. You enter your rule and when you're happy with the results below, click Save.

Love this feature a ton. Brought me back to Channels from Plex.

Thinking about how the episodes are arranged -any thought to being able to arrange a set number "chunk" of episodes at a time, but the shows are still in random order? Ex: The Office - The Office - The Office - The Simpsons - The Simpsons - The Simpsons - Seinfeld - Seinfeld - Seinfeld

Don't know if that would have to wait for more granular show-based controls or not, but would be cool to have a balance between pure random shuffling of shows, and entire 24hr blocks of a long-running series for the season/episode option.

Oh ok I was expecting a UI with a drop down of fields, condition operators, etc. I’ll give it a try.

Will this automatically exclude strmlink content?

1 Like

Hmm it doesn't and probably should. I'll take a look.

You can add streamLink=false to the rule for now.

1 Like

For me, it would be great if the series resets to a random episode every day and continues on sequentially from there. That way if you “tune in” at about the same time of day, it won’t always be in the same spot. Otherwise you will end up watching the same thing over and over again which would diminish the value.

3 Likes

any way to do this for uhd movies only if i’m trying to make a 4k channel?

Tags=UHD Categories=Movie

2 Likes

I'm really enjoying creating virtual channels, set up a few childrens channels and guilty pleasures (DS9 Dominion Wars eps) - thanks devs! Very good to dip into.

A bit of a feature request....

What I would like to do is to create timeshift channels, i.e. BBC 1 HD +1. I was thinking one way to do this by creating an Advanced Series Pass, i.e. everything off BBC1 HD but keep only last 2 recordings and then have a Library Collection which points to that particular Series Pass, and then for the Virtual Channel to point to that Library Collection. The epg for the Virtual Channel would need to be updated more frequently for it to pick up the latest show.

Food for thought!

Sorry if this has already been posted about, but I didn't see it as I looked through the post. I love the virtual channels feature; however, I'm noticing that on my android TV it finishes an episode/show and does not advance to the next item scheduled... anyone else having this issue? I'm running version 2021.08.08.2140 on the server side...

What happens when the episode finishes? Does the guide show episode details at the time it stops?

Are you using the APK beta? Please submit diagnostics after the issue.

It is likely there are still bugs in the android version as our primary development/testing so far has been on Apple.