PREVIEW: Library Collections and Virtual Channels (v2021.07.16.2141)

Same answer.

1 Like

What I have done to solve this issue is create a collection. You can name the collection the same as the series. Add that collection to your virtual channel. And add the series to the collection.

Example: create a collection called Friends.
Add the series friends to that collection.
Add Friends collection to the virtual channel of choice.

Whenever a new episode of friends is added it will automatically be added to the virtual channel because the collection has been added.

Hope it makes sense. Works like a charm for me.

1 Like

Could you make a video on how to do Virtual Channels?

You create a channel, then add content to it. There’s nothing to explain.

Virtual Channels not showing on add source, it’s even latest version.

Could you provide the latest link for me to download

Please read this thread as all of that information is available.

You need to download the latest pre-release and create channels in Live TV > Virtual Channels

Collections still not viewable in Android Client Library ?

I may have found a related pattern for this problem in case it helps narrow down the bug - it seems to mostly (always?) occur in a TV Show collection where at least one show no longer (currently) has episodes and thus isn't shown in the collection during re-ordering. Our general workflow is to watch-and-trash (strmlnks and DVR recorded) and then watch again when the show re-appears with a new episode, so this might be related to the re-ordering problem I'm seeing with TV show collections...

I'm a new Channels user and this (plus TVE) got me to subscribe.

I don't have any specific bugs to report yet - I get it's an early release and I'll try to provide detailed feedback when I catch something - just wanted to say I really like the direction Channels is going. For years I thought it was an Apple TV exclusive (which was true) but somehow missed when it became available for AndroidTV and others.

I have TVE working with Philo, added Pluto channels via the docker playlist creation tool, and now I have virtual channels for Always Sunny and other shows. Great work, thanks!

4 Likes

Welcome!

@maddox i noticed that double press the play button to go back to the previous channel on the tvos beta does not work when you are watching a virtual channel. it doesnt work from virtual channel to virtual channel, doesnt work from virtual channel to "normal" channel, but it does work from "normal" channel to virtual channel.

client diagnostics submitted.

thanks.

With v2021.09.02.2337 you can now create smart rules in TV and Movies collections.

1 Like

This is great!

Are rules automatically evaluated on a regular basis to update the collections?

Is there a way to order the results of the rules in the collection (like alphabetically by title, by release date, etc)?

Not yet but that's the plan.

There isn't, only manual ordering at the moment. I guess we could add a sort mode.

Cool! All of this recent work is great- it really feels like you are taming large libraries :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone know of a good (and free) logo maker? My virtual channels need some jazzing up

Check out https://fanart.tv. They have clearlogos that are perfect for virtual channels.

1 Like

I'm still seeing some weird glitches for manual sorting; this happens in all of my collections regardless of browser or device. Doesn't matter if I manually add items or use a smart rule. Here's a screen recording to demonstrate.