PREVIEW: Library Collections and Virtual Channels (v2021.07.16.2141)

Yep - I see the same thing in my collections that have had at least one item added that isn't being shown while re-ordering:

I think they are aware of it and will be looking into it soon.

I am running the latest server pre-release (2021.09.03.0040), and using the most recent beta on a Firestick 4K (and also on Android phone). I set up a "Seinfeld" virtual channel with episodes that I have recorded through Channels DVR on several different TV stations.

The issue is that I have automatic commercial skipping turned on, but it doesn't work correctly. All of the commercial detection does show up properly marked in the playbar, and all of the commercials in the middle of the episodes are always automatically skipped as expected. But each time a new episode starts it automatically skips the first ~5 minutes of the recording, even though it is not a commercial (and not marked as a commercial). Then, the exact opposite happens at the end of each episode, where the last ~5 minutes is marked as a commercial, but it doesn't get skipped (and fast forwarding doesn't work at all, so I can't skip ahead). Also, if I play these same episodes directly from my recordings instead of tuning the virtual channel, then all of the commercial skipping works correctly - it only fails when playing in the virtual channel. Any ideas?

I've just started playing around with the virtual channels and love it... but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to hide imported content in the library on the client. I have selected "hidden" in visibility for the files I want to hide, and there's the gray "hidden eye" on those files on the server side, but all of those files are still visible in the library on the client side. I'm using tvos and ios as clients. Thanks in advance for help.

Hidden isnt implemented on the android client yet.

I have all Apple. No Android.

It seems the android client is not fully functional.

The quick menu still does not work properly when on a virtual channel in the android client.

FF never worked in the android client.

Are you on the tvos beta? I believe it’s only on there right now.

Ah! That's it. Thank you, sorry!

1 Like

Is there anyway to have multiple TV Shows in a channel and have them play in Season/Episode order?

For example I want to play the following…
Warehouse 13 Season 1 Episode 1
Eureka Season 1 Episode 1
Haven Season 1 Episode 1
Then Season 1 Episode 2 of all of them and so on.

Don’t care the order of the actual shows just the season/episode order.

Hope that made sense.

1 Like

I believe you have to manually sort them to get your preferred order ATM.

I was afraid of that. :smile:

Thanks

In the latest DVR pre-release, items added to Library Collections and Virtual Channels via a Smart Rule are marked as such and are not eligible for removal.

Library Visibility has also been added as an option in your Smart Rule. Smart Rule options have also been tuned when using them with Library Collections to be less confusing. For example, Movie Collections no longer have the options Season Number and Episode Number.

Smart Rule Matches

3 Likes

When is this planned to move to the production release?

It’s got a little more time to bake. We don’t work on deadlines.

2 Likes

Would you define little more in terms of weeks or months? :wink:

So there's no super secret gantt chart?

1 Like

Do you have daily stand-ups?

1 Like

I see how to add a whole TV series to Favorites, but how do I add specific episodes instead? I'm on the latest pre-release.

You can favorite from the Apple TV and iOS apps. Looks like it may be missing on the web UI

Favoriting episodes isn’t available either. Mostly because we don’t do anything in the UI if they’re favorited right now.