Problem: Live TV pauses, info bar is displayed (HDHR streams)

Can confirm, switching off IPV6 fixes this.

EDIT: Disabling IPV6 on Synology DOES NOT FIX THIS

1 Like

So it isn’t a macOS / apple issue. It seems to be a channels issue then.

I would say so. I have only had this problem since the last few updates

I think so. HDHR app does not pause and neither do any apps from TVE sources directly. Something about having an active ipv6 connection causes Channels to hiccup.

@tmm1 it seems like @mtnbkr60 has identified the problem. Hopefully that will help with a fix?

Doesn't make much sense to me. The app doesn't even use ipv6, and the IP layer sits below our app as part of the OS.

If you're convinced it is Channels app, and it started recently, maybe you can find an older TestFlight build where it does not happen, so we can figure out when it started.

I've been noticing these pauses all of the time lately as well.

This only happens to me on cnn on all atv 4K mk2. Weirdly, no other channel exhibits this. I pause for a sec or two so it can play interrupted.

This has been happening to me for a very long time and many versions ago.

That’s if we’re talking about the same thing. No IPTV 6 here and every thing hardwired, m1 Mac as the server.

Turning off IPv6 on my Channels DVR server has fixed it though. So whatever it is and however weird it might be, there's 3 of us, two using Macs, one on Synology that have experienced the same problem and the same fix.

I can try turning IPV6 off on my device but I don't want that to be the solution as I eventually want to harden my devices down and IPV6 is a good means of doing that.

My thinking is that the OS sees that it can setup the stream as a local link IPV6 stream after Channels starts the stream and it switches over, hence the pause. So its maybe not a direct Channels issue, if this is the mechanism of the fault.

Just to confirm after 24 hours.

Both myself and parents have the exact same set up and disabling IPV6 on both mine and their Synology boxes 100% fixed the problem.

Call me crazy, but disabling ipv6 on the M1 mac seems to have sped up everything for me, too (stream starts, trickplay, etc)

I just turned off IPV6 only on one of my interfaces. I'll see if that has made any changes in the experience.

Does it happen on iOS also or tvOS app only?

In the beta app if you change Settings > Debug > Legacy HDHR Streaming: On, does it still happen?

Yes does it on the iOS app as well as tvOS. When I get home from work I will change the setting on the ATV and see what happens.

1 Like

would this setting do anything to TVE though? It seems some of us have it almost exclusively there, and not on HDHR...

This thread is about issues with HDHR so that's what I'm focusing on. Maybe we need a separate thread for TVE issues.

Really at this point the thread title should be changed. I get the pauses on every source, TVE or HDHR.

Lol okay. That wasn't the case a day ago.