Project One-Click: All-in-One Installations of Docker Extensions and CDVR Custom Channels

I also had to add /docker/olivetin/data with File Station.
OliveTin is Up and running!

1 Like

You don't need to. Once you have the host directory in place (/volume1/docker/olivetin), docker will volume map (bind mount) it and olivetin will be able to create directories within it.

Glad to hear it! I'll add some Synology-specific details to the video.

Oh, I see. I tried to deploy the stack without it and received the same "does not exist" error. So, I threw it in there, just in case.

@bnhf and @chDVRuser, Thank you so very much for the help! You guys are awesome!

At least you got it up and running in a day. Took me a lot longer on my own Channels DVR on docker - #38 by chDVRuser

1 Like

Actually, I have been trying on my own for several weeks. Always the same error... /soandso/ does not exist. I tried adding those missing subdirectories using File Explorer on windows, since /docker/ was shared. That didn't work. Your suggestion of using File Station on the Synology NAS was the key! Thanks again!

3 Likes

Hi Guys,
I hit a little glitch with my OliveTin for Channels. I updated and recently ran the "Olivetin Post-Install Healthcheck".
In the results, I'm getting:
Checking that your selected Channels DVR server's log files (/mnt/192.168.1.100-8089_logs) are accessible:
Folders with the names data and latest should be visible...

total 0
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 36 Jun 19 2023 #recycle
d--------- 1 root root 124 Mar 22 17:06 .
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 82 Apr 11 14:05 ..
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 24 Feb 11 08:09 @eaDir
d--------- 1 1026 users 1320 Apr 10 23:38 Database
d--------- 1 1026 users 212670 Apr 11 14:00 Images
d--------- 1 1026 users 28 Aug 31 2022 Imports
d--------- 1 1026 users 32 Aug 31 2022 Logs
d--------- 1 1026 users 138914 Apr 11 04:44 Movies
drwx------ 1 242120 242120 16 Dec 5 2022 PlayOn
d--------- 1 1026 users 5478 Apr 11 14:00 Streaming
d--------- 1 1026 users 5022 Apr 11 11:59 TV

I'm not seeing the folders names data and latest, as are supposed to be there.
I think that the following environment variable is wrong:
LOGS_SHARE=/volume1/ChannelsDVR

You're on Synology right? Check this post from @chDVRuser, I think it'll point you in the right direction:

1 Like

Perfect! I had to stop and restart the DVR server to get that entry to show up in the log.
Thanks yet again!

For anybody else wondering about this, the path can be derived in OliveTin, using:

screenshot-htpc6-2024.04.11-15_55_22

Search the last 100000 lines for [SYS] Starting Channels:

And:

The path you want for LOGS_SHARE is everything up to, but not including /data, in the path shown. This is for people where OliveTin and Channels DVR are on the same system.

For those where they are separate, this is the path you want share on your LAN. Then you'd use the Docker-Volumes approach to connecting via Samba or NFS.

Hey, that way is even easier! The DVR server log on the web interface only went back about 4 days. My server had last been restarted 7 days ago when I updated to the new pre-release. Man, these OliveTin tools are great!

1 Like

New bnhf/olivetin:latest (aka bnhf/olivetin:2024.04.12) pushed today with Project One-Click Actions moved to their very own dashboard!:

Simply choose "Project One-Click" from the OliveTin side menu:

2 Likes

Nice! :smiley:

I think this type of organization was needed because the amount of buttons in one screen for all OliveTin actions was overwhelming.

I'm thinking there could be other dashboards such as:

• Generate lists (or CSV files)
  • Constant monitoring
4 Likes

@bnhf Noticed that the one-click ah4c script ignores a # in the tuner 3 and 4 items, causing a fail. (At least for me)

Did you change this line if you use more tha 2 tuners?

Set to 1 and #'s where needed

If you're only using 1 tuner, try these in the environment variables, defining only TUNER1_IP and making the rest blank

NUMBER_TUNERS=1
TUNER1_IP=firestick-rack1:5555
TUNER2_IP=
TUNER3_IP=
TUNER4_IP=
1 Like

I'll try later, but I'm RTFM'ing here:

Blanks did work - thanks!