Project One-Click: All-in-One Installations of Docker Extensions and CDVR Custom Channels

For anybody else wondering about this, the path can be derived in OliveTin, using:

screenshot-htpc6-2024.04.11-15_55_22

Search the last 100000 lines for [SYS] Starting Channels:

And:

The path you want for LOGS_SHARE is everything up to, but not including /data, in the path shown. This is for people where OliveTin and Channels DVR are on the same system.

For those where they are separate, this is the path you want share on your LAN. Then you'd use the Docker-Volumes approach to connecting via Samba or NFS.

Hey, that way is even easier! The DVR server log on the web interface only went back about 4 days. My server had last been restarted 7 days ago when I updated to the new pre-release. Man, these OliveTin tools are great!

1 Like

New bnhf/olivetin:latest (aka bnhf/olivetin:2024.04.12) pushed today with Project One-Click Actions moved to their very own dashboard!:

Simply choose "Project One-Click" from the OliveTin side menu:

2 Likes

Nice! :smiley:

I think this type of organization was needed because the amount of buttons in one screen for all OliveTin actions was overwhelming.

I'm thinking there could be other dashboards such as:

• Generate lists (or CSV files)
  • Constant monitoring
4 Likes

@bnhf Noticed that the one-click ah4c script ignores a # in the tuner 3 and 4 items, causing a fail. (At least for me)

Did you change this line if you use more tha 2 tuners?

Set to 1 and #'s where needed

If you're only using 1 tuner, try these in the environment variables, defining only TUNER1_IP and making the rest blank

NUMBER_TUNERS=1
TUNER1_IP=firestick-rack1:5555
TUNER2_IP=
TUNER3_IP=
TUNER4_IP=
1 Like

I'll try later, but I'm RTFM'ing here:

Blanks did work - thanks!

Hi,
I think that I may have come across a bug in the "Create a VLC-Bridge-PBS Stack in Portainer + CDVR Custom Channels" routine. When running the script, I receive the following error which seems to indicate that it is looking for the M3U playlist under a "tubi" subdirectory , rather than the "pbs" subdirectory:

{"error":"invalid source url: failed to retrieve m3u: GET: http://192.168.1.100:7777/tubi/playlist.m3u?gracenote=include: 500 Internal Server Error"}

Looks like the file config/vlc-bridge-pbs.sh is the culprit

customChannels() {
cat <<EOF
{
  "name": "PBS",
  "type": "HLS",
  "source": "URL",
  "url": "http://$extensionURL/tubi/playlist.m3u?gracenote=include",
  "text": "",
  "refresh": "24",
  "limit": "",
  "satip": "",
  "numbering": "$cdvrIgnoreM3UNumbers",
  "start_number": "$cdvrStartingChannel",
  "logos": "",
  "xmltv_url": "",
  "xmltv_refresh": "3600"
}
EOF
}

It should look like this (type must also be MPEG-TS)

customChannels() {
cat <<EOF
{
  "name": "PBS",
  "type": "MPEG-TS",
  "source": "URL",
  "url": "http://$extensionURL/pbs/playlist.m3u",
  "text": "",
  "refresh": "24",
  "limit": "",
  "satip": "",
  "numbering": "$cdvrIgnoreM3UNumbers",
  "start_number": "$cdvrStartingChannel",
  "logos": "",
  "xmltv_url": "",
  "xmltv_refresh": "3600"
}
EOF
}
2 Likes

That makes sense to me. Is there something I can do to fix it?

1 Like

The container should be up-and-running, but given my copy-and-paste fail :frowning:, you'll want to manually add the source to CDVR:

Change "htpc6" to the IP or hostname of your docker host:

Thanks for reporting the bug, I'll fix it in the next build.

1 Like

Yup, I did see that the container was good and had added the source successfully earlier. Am I correct that there is no guide data for these PBS channels?

Correct, You either have to map it to the correct callsign in Channels DVR

or create a text m3u playlist that includes the gracenote station id

callSign KOCEDT is stationId 34544

1 Like

Got it. Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

Fixed in :latest (:2024.05.01).

Great! I'll remove the PBS source, stack/container, update Olivetin and run the PBS One-click fresh today.

1 Like

After re-pulling and updating the olivetin stack, I see
Screenshot 2024-05-01 1.54.02 PM
rather than OliveTin-for-Channels 2024.05.01 as I had expected.

However, deploying the PBS VLC Bridge Oneclick routine went flawlessly. PBS container running, source automatically added to Channels DVR server.

2 Likes